The Hearth > Managing a Household

Thursday, Nov. 14

(1/2) > >>

Alice:
My how time does fly! Mid-Nov. already!

Weather pattern is cool, windy but not cold enough for any long lasting snow. Getting lots done and I see the end nearing for raking up the leaves.  Hopefully by the weekend it will be all done. Not much else going on and that's just the way I like it.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Alice

Cheryl:
Good morning!

November is a hard month for me.  Twenty years ago my brother was killed at work.  He was the manager at a meat market in Birmingham, AL, and the store was robbed.  The cashier pushed the panic button and when my brother came up front to see what was happening one of the robbers shot him.  This happened the day after my 27th birthday and we had his funeral on Thanksgiving day.  This time of year will always be tough to get through. 

I'm not posting this to be a downer to anyone, just explaining why I really can't enjoy the season. :'(

Ok, on a brighter note - it's a beautiful day here, sunny and supposed to warm up a bit.  I think I'm going to let Emily take her school books and work on her lessons at the library, then maybe have lunch out somewhere.  We need to pay a couple of bills and finish buying a gift for an upcoming baby shower.  After that, I want to work on making some ornaments for our Christmas tree and I need to finish sewing a gift. 

Have a great day, everyone! :)

mooremama:
Cheryl,  I am so sorry about the loss of your brother.  That is so sad.

Alice,  I agree, November is flying by and so is 2013!!

Today is a chilly, sunny day. It was 22* when I hung clothes out this morning.  My hot dishwater sure did feel good  ;) 

So far this morning I have everyone fed, dressed and 3 people out the door with packed lunchboxes.  I have 3 loads of clothes on the line, all the beds stripped and remade, breakfast dishes washed, the animals fed and watered and supper preps started.  So far so good!!

The rest of the day I hope to do a deep cleaning of my bedroom and possibly mop the kitchen floor.  Aaron is going hunting this afternoon so I'll have Holden.  I hope to have all my chores finished by then because wrangling him is pretty much all I get done.  :D

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. 

Supper tonight is potato soup and garlic/cheese biscuits.

Beth

greyhoundgirl:
Good morning!

Just sitting here playing around at this point...need to get busy.  Yesterday, I had a burst of energy and rearranged and deep cleaned the living room.  It's a challenging room to change up because it only has 3 walls to start and one of those has the door and a double window in it.  Plus we have a large sectional sofa.  But, we got it looking a little different and decluttered.  And there is now room for the Christmas tree in front of the window when we get to that point.

Today, well, I'd like to work on Maddy's/the homeschool book room.  We have our big bookcases and a desk with a bookcase in there and it's just plain crowded with all that plus Maddy's loft bed, the printer, and the recliner, plus the books need to be gone through.  Not feeling terribly energetic today but I may jump in and do that anyway.  So tired of clutter and stuff and it is a never-ending battle.  One child has "lost" her math curriculum so I'm thinking it will turn up if I do that room next.  :P

Dinner tonight...hmm, need to get on that.  Meant to menu plan yesterday but did the living room instead.  We are going to a Shoebox packing party tonight and need to leave about 6:40.  Earl has class again tonight as well.  I'll think of something.   ???

Cheryl, so sorry about this sad anniversary for you.

Alice, cool here as well.  We didn't hike today...I was feeling wimpy.  :P

Beth, sounds like you're off to a good start for the day.

Have a great day, everyone!
Catherine

greyhoundgirl:
So, before I got off the computer, my dad calls me on his cell phone.  He says he and my mom are flying into Dallas this weekend and would we be able to come down and meet them if they get us a hotel room.  So, maybe a change of plans.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version