The Hearth > Managing a Household

Friday, November 29th, 2013

(1/2) > >>

greyhoundgirl:
Good morning, too early, but hey!  I have been tossing and turning with a sour stomach so finally got up about 3 and took a bath, then got on the computer.  I am supposed to grocery shop bright and early, but it's not sounding quite so fun at the moment.  :P  Maybe I can catch a nap this afternoon.

Our Thanksgiving was nice.  The people who came over have four children close in age to my younger four, so they had loads of fun playing.  The kids were exhausted and crashed last night...the three youngest were asleep before I went to tuck them in.

I've been browsing online a bit, but not buying anything fun.  Digestive enzymes and gelatin powder are in my cart.  Exciting, huh?  :D  The  joys of getting older.

I think I have pizza on the menu for this evening. 

Catherine

wrancher:
Good Morning

Finally an at home weekend. We went to the city to MIl

Alice:
I'm finally rolling out of bed on a rare weekday off! Quite nice. Everyone who is home is sleeping soundly. I have to get to the recycling place this morning, the bank and my son wants a haircut sometime today (no, I'm not doing his--you know, college boy needs something a bit better than a mom haircut--I'm too afraid I'll mess up!). I may treat myself to a special little Dutch store for some Dutch goodies. I love dutch cheese and peppermints and a few other things. I'm all alone and I don't have to cook since there are plenty of leftovers.

Yesterday, we had 11 people for dinner. It was a fun time and I did two chickens and a small ham. We could have done one chicken and the ham with the sides and that would have been plenty. But, now I have chicken leftovers for potpie, soup, and whatever else I can think of. I allowed my guests to take home containers for a lunch today and most gladly took them.

I'm enjoying my coffee and eggs on italian bread and I'm thinking about getting ready to go do my errands. I am not doing any Black Friday sales as that is not my thing. I also am not buying Christmas presents for anyone. It has been an expensive year and we all had plenty of money paid out on their behalf so getting more stuff at Christmas just doesn't seem right. My family doesn't have little kids but rather late teens and twenty somethings so they surely can understand that we are beyond the gift giving while we give gifts in the form of college tuition, cars, insurance, etc. at least for a while until they get done with school.

Have a nice day everyone in whatever you do.

Alice

Cheryl:
Good morning.

Everyone here has been sick since last Saturday but today we're a little better.  It's been a tough week.  My house is in a huge mess, laundry pile is unbelievable, dishes are stacked in the sink, and everything's just ugh, messy, ugly, and it's depressing.  I have not felt like doing much of anything. 

Today on my agenda is a good, hot shower, followed by loads & loads of laundry and whatever else I can muster up the energy to do.  I have a tendency to start feeling better then overdo the work and relapse, so I need to pace myself.

Catherine - I understand very well the joys of aging.  Too many times lately I've found myself patting my head looking for my reading glasses only to realize I was already wearing them! ::) :D

mooremama:
Good morning. 

No Black Friday shopping for me today thank heavens.  I'll just stay at home and piddle around. 

Today is laundry since the sun in shining, carrying in wood, picking the turkey bones clean and getting them in the roaster with water for broth....fun times.  ;D

Supper tonight will be pizza quesadillas and a tossed salad. 

Beth

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version