Challenges and Daily Discussions > Daily Devotional and Ponderings

Complaining

<< < (2/3) > >>

Leahsgarden:
I think there's also ways to state the less positive stuff without *complaining* about it. Right now, I can say that Logan is being exhausting. It's not a positive statement... but nor am I trying to gripe about how fussy he's been for the last 12 hours. I know in a week or two, it's going to be rather minor and I'll simply look back as today being an exhausting day. :)

And not quite 12 pounds... but my midwife thinks this baby is gonna top to 10. :D

Shelly:
Oh dear, Leah!  At least I was able to push mine out one at a time.  I can't imagine a 10 pounder! 

menifeemom:
I have been struggling with this one for a long time.  I complained so much that I stopped really hearing myself and how negative I was.  Then I began to hear it from my girls and knew I was setting a very bad example for them.  A dear friend gave me a beautiful journal and pen and challenged me to use it to write down at least 5 things I am grateful for every day.  Focusing on all my blessings instead of my frustrations has helped me a lot.  I got in the habit and now have my kids do it with me during our devotion time.  We then thank the Lord for those blessings when we open our day in prayer.  It is helping us a lot.

Rooney:

--- Quote from: Leahsgarden on September 26, 2013, 02:13:34 PM ---I think there's also ways to state the less positive stuff without *complaining* about it. Right now, I can say that Logan is being exhausting. It's not a positive statement... but nor am I trying to gripe about how fussy he's been for the last 12 hours. I know in a week or two, it's going to be rather minor and I'll simply look back as today being an exhausting day. :)

And not quite 12 pounds... but my midwife thinks this baby is gonna top to 10. :D

--- End quote ---
Leah,
10 pounds plus! :o  Best of luck with it!  My last one was 9 pounds 2 ounces and for a person my size and frame that was not easy.  Listen to that.....more complaining. ;)

Shelly:
menifeemom, That must have been difficult to hear from your children.  I'm hoping to curb this before my kids start getting into the habit.  They're not even 2 yet, so that's good for me.  Thank you for sharing your experience on this topic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version