Author Topic: Friday, June 5, 2015  (Read 1130 times)

Offline wrancher

Friday, June 5, 2015
« on: June 05, 2015, 08:04:21 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Friday, June 5, 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 08:14:44 AM »
Well the family is off for the last branding at least for a little while. I still dont know if we are going camping.... ugh  Ross is dragging his feet. We dont have many trips planned because we will be busy with haying this year. It is suppose to rain tomorrow so that is why we want to go. Just a little break from the normal with a group of friends. I am still packing camper as it takes to long to get everything ready.The kids and I loaded some stuff last night and filled the water tank. I need to wash my house floors today and plant the tubs I brought up and filled with dirt.  I also might bring over the swim pool but wont start setting it up until the kids can help. On 2nd load of laundry and 1st on dishes. I will pay a few bills here before I get to far. I took down a bunch of grain to chickens yesterday but will take down some more today to fill up this big feeder I have.  I need to go let them out so I better get off here. A guy is coming to deliver bulls so need to go get that ready.

Have a great day
Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 08:19:34 AM »
Hi Janice and all after,

Having my now-cold coffee and trying to muster some energy.  I spent an hour and a half in the pool with the kids yesterday and decided to do some of the exercises from when I took water aerobics using a big pool noodle for my "weight".  Feeling it today.  :)  The kids spent THREE hours in their yesterday.  It has certainly been a great investment.

Today, well, I have a load of light colors in, knowing Morgan will be home from camp sometime this afternoon and then I pick Maddy up at 6.  I'm sure they will have plenty of laundry for a load of lights between them, then I'll do a load each of darks and whites for the whole family tonight/tomorrow.  There is lots I could do around here, but I've been enjoying a leisurely pace.  Maybe that's okay...it is hard for me to "feel" that is okay, with my type A super-plan-ahead personality.  But yesterday, after 30 minutes or so in the pool, I was going to get out and read or do something else, and Max begged me to stay in, telling me, "It's funner when you're in here, Mama."  How could I say no to that?  ???  I keep having these moments where I realize he is our last, and he's five already, and he won't always be begging me to play in the pool with him.  And so maybe I've mellowed a bit.  I am fortunate that Earl is not the type to be angry over a slightly messy home...lived-in messy, I guess you'd say.  We try to be clean but it's certainly not sterile, lol.  I also had the realization the other day that I have spent most of my life not having people over often because I am sure we have a bit of a pet smell (right now the aging dog and her stinky skin condition) and am afraid of what they'll think of that.  And I realized that, if they know me and how I feel about giving needy animals a home and they still like me, that I shouldn't worry about that.  Right?  That's part of who I am and I don't ever see that changing.  Oh well, maybe too much introspection this early in the morning.

Started reading Radical Homemakers this week and had a lightbulb moment about that.  I felt like I found my clan.  :)  Anyone else read it?

Oh well, off to do a few things, I suppose, and then go out and stare at the green tomatoes awhile, willing them to get ripe.  Yeah, I'll admit, I have spent an inordinate amount of time just looking at the garden.  The rain has been SO helpful this year, and the garden reflects that, and I am just in awe of the growth, and still plotting where I can tuck in more plants.  I got out a hoe and did some weeding on the harder to reach spots in our beds along the back fence yesterday.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 08:24:37 AM »
Janice, guess we were posting at the same time.  Hope you all get to camp and have fun.

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 09:08:14 AM »
Catherine I had to go check out radical homemakers. Are you reading the book? Or blog or facebook. I should facebook so I could see the neat things.  Sounds really neat

Also my home is not perfectly tidy also. we have friends over but it is not spot perfect nor will it ever be. Ours is a lived in home. Not so you cant enjoy it. I have things mostly picked up but it maybe dusty or whatever. I like to have friends over but there are just some people I would cringe if they came over. 

Drinking my cold coffee too
Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 09:24:24 AM »
Catherine I had to go check out radical homemakers. Are you reading the book? Or blog or facebook. I should facebook so I could see the neat things.  Sounds really neat

Also my home is not perfectly tidy also. we have friends over but it is not spot perfect nor will it ever be. Ours is a lived in home. Not so you cant enjoy it. I have things mostly picked up but it maybe dusty or whatever. I like to have friends over but there are just some people I would cringe if they came over. 

Drinking my cold coffee too
Janice

Reading the book and found a fb group to join.  Some are for specific areas but this one is not.