Author Topic: Friday, January 22nd, 2016  (Read 720 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Friday, January 22nd, 2016
« on: January 22, 2016, 08:38:02 AM »
Good morning!

Where is everyone this morning?  I'm guessing NOT sleeping in, LOL.  Sure sounded like a good idea about 5:30 this morning.  So glad it's Friday, though I'll probably be wide awake at 5:30 tomorrow when I don't need to be.

Not hiking today.  Looking at the weather last night, it was going to be in the low 30's this morning, but with strong winds.  30's is fine, but with wind it's not, so I made the decision to stay home.  Need to get some exercise in at some point today.  Other than that, I plan to finish reading a time management book, clean up the kitchen and get some chicken stock going, fold and hang a load of laundry, make up some casseroles for the freezer, and hopefully get some seeds started.

The plan for dinner is Chicken Parmigiana, but could change if the kids go to a friend's after school (have heard rumors of this but it's not set in stone yet). 

Have a great Friday!
Catherine

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Friday, January 22nd, 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 09:24:19 AM »
Good Morning Catherine and any who follow!

I did not really sleep in either, but was NOT up by 5:30 either!  I got up and got going so I could go pick up a few sale items at the grocery store.  Hubby went to the gym while I went to Aldi and Meijer.  We are down to one car right now. Middle son's is in the shop, so he has Hubby's.  It is fine, because I really don't go out that much this time of year, and mostly with Hubby anyway, so we are good.

Not too much happening here, (per usual!), I need to put the groceries away, and clean up the kitchen a little bit. 

Staying home tonight, hubby has a work assignment to do, but I will hang here.  Tomorrow we are going out to dinner with a group of friends to celebrate one of their birthdays.  It should be fun to catch up with them!

Hope everyone has a great day.
Stay warm, and be safe for any of those in the path of the storms.
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 09:44:37 AM »
Doing marathon appointments today!  9 appointments in the city and DH will take lane to appointment at home. Hope to get some answers on him. Everyone here is orthodontist, dentist and 2 haircuts. Then prom dress shopping. SAMs club order is waiting for us to pick up. Yeah. I said Subday by accident and it is ready today. Started servants before I left. Lane had practice at 6 this morning

Janice

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 11:19:27 AM »
Good afternoon!

We were up a little later than normal (7AM), but we sure hit the ground running!  We are right in the bullseye of the blizzard, so we had limited time to do our last-minute preps.  We had days to prepare, so all of the food (and wine ;)) had already been bought, but we needed to do little things like top off the gas tank in the Subaru, spray the satellite dish, secure a water supply, and cover the deck furniture.  The flakes started falling about noon, so I guess we're in for it!  We'll be fine as long as we don't lose power, and even then we could build a fire for warmth and use our stored water for drinking/flushing.

On the schedule for today is:
*Fill water storage (buckets, cooler bottles, dispensers, etc)
*Gas up the 4WD car
*Yoga class/work out
*Clean off the porch
*Cover deck furniture
*Watch TV
*Drink wine
*Play games

;) ;) ;)

Have a great day, and to those in the path of weather, say safe!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Linda G.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 12:18:23 PM »
My computer ate my post  i guess.lol

Have a great afternoon, please be safe if you are in the path of this storm...

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 12:39:01 PM »
Good morning and Happy Friday!

I have been out and ran some errands and now I'm having some coffee and waiting on a friend to come over to visit and pick up some things for her daughters yard sale that she is having to earn money for a mission trip.

Today's list includes.
go to Target and return shower caddy
go to TJ Maxx and find shower caddy
get dinner in the crockpot
unpack and organize (it seems never ending)

Dinner tonight is a creamy ranch chicken, rice and veggies.

Mandy - I think the last 3 on your list are the most important!  I'll add them to mine too  ;)

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 01:26:15 PM »
Afternoon ladies.

Had an early out today for one of my schools so it's like I just get home and have to run out again. Only home about an hour this time then back out to get the other school at their normal time. I'm so glad it's Friday  ;D

So not much getting done today for me except the hectic school schedule.

Enjoy getting snowed in ladies but you keep it down there ok  ;)
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 05:01:57 PM »
Good evening, everyone!  I have been running all week so I am glad it is Friday.  I am not so glad about the upcoming storm, but what can you do?

We have everything ready for the storm so we are just hunkered down in the house waiting to see how it goes.  Corey is working tonight so Doug might have to get him when he is finished.  Hopefully, the snow won't be too heavy then.  We are also hoping that the restaurant closes tomorrow so he doesn't have to work and none of us have to go out in the storm.  Madelyn went to her friend's house and brought enough with her so she can stay until Sunday morning if she has to do that.  We have plenty of food and I bought some extra snacks today.  Doug has the shovels and rock salt on the porch and gas in the garage for the generator if we need it.  Both cars are full of gas, too.

Have a wonderful weekend!  Stay safe if you are in the path of the storm.

Denise