Author Topic: Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2016  (Read 725 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2016
« on: November 29, 2016, 07:15:57 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 07:35:40 AM »
Happy Tuesday!

One day closer to Christmas!  :o  Hope everyone is making progress on preparations.

I did not get as much done as I had planned yesterday. Not really sure where my day went!

I was able to address all the Christmas cards. Now I need to pick up some stamps to get them on their way.

Today I am off to a couple stores. I need to run to the dollar store for gift wrapping supplies and see what I can find for stocking stuffers.

We are down to one car right now. Son's car is in the shop so he took my hubby's van back to school. Car should be done tomorrow morning, so hubby will meet up with him tomorrow sometime to exchange them back. So, right now, we are sharing a vehicle. Not a big deal, since I can plan my errands around what he has going on, and this time of year I spend more time at home anyway.

I slept in a little bit this morning. So, now I need to get myself together quickly and get going.
I also need to get moving on the laundry.

I did a little Cyber Monday shopping yesterday.  I needed to get a college graduation gift for my son's gf. I found a really nice necklace, so when that comes, I will need to get that packaged up and sent out to her. Now I need to get things started in the wrapping department, so I can really see what I need to still get. Hopefully not too much. But, I have gotten really good deals on what I have bought, so at least my budget is still pretty much in tact!

The sun is shining today, and the temps are warmer than normal, so I should try to get a good walk in if possible. It gets dark so early now, that it makes it a challenge. I usually liked to walk after dinner, and that just isn't an option anymore. Will have to try to get it in this afternoon sometime.  Have been struggling with getting back to my goal weight, and I'm almost there, so I need to get focused about it before the holiday food knocks me back down!

Hope everyone is having a good day! Would love to hear about your days!

Alice: Hacksaw Ridge is one of the movies I was interested in. Was concerned about graphic war violence. Was there much of that? It looks like an interesting story. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 10:33:58 AM »
Hi Pam and everyone else,

Hacksaw Ridge does have some war scenes which aren't pretty but to really understand the war and the danger I think it is appropriate for us to see in the movie. Yes, there is blood, severed limbs, etc. but to fully understand I accepted that and was very humbled.

Today is a beautiful day here in West Michigan but it will only last today and then we get rain again tonight and tomorrow. Not sure for how many days but I'll take it since winter will come anytime.

I get the prize for the most money spent between Black Friday and Cyber Monday! I win! It is a really good thing we don't do a lot (we do nothing!) for Christmas gift giving. But we help our kids when they need it and I suspect my kids will need some financial help during Christmas.  One daughter needed help buying a new computer and the other daughter will also need help when she comes home. Son probably won't need much now, but he's graduating from college in May so there might be some expenses for that and we'll help him with that.

I took a mini walk during my lunch hour but that's about all I can squeeze into my day since it will almost be dark when I get home.

Pam, you and do the same things with our kids' cars. We swap them around when their's need to go to the shop for this and that. We're a bit closer to our kids' college so it's easier for us but so happy that you can help your son out!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 11:17:35 AM »
Good morning!

Whew!  What a busy weekend! 

Yesterday morning I had an appointment to visit one of the sisters in my congregation that I visit every month.  Then I came home and got right into preparing for a funeral luncheon.  A former member of our congregation passed away.  She had been a member of our ward for a long time and still had many friends so her family asked us to provide the luncheon after the funeral.  That took most of my day.  Snow was falling pretty hard late yesterday afternoon/evening.  It was nice to get a new covering of snow!

Thanksgiving was also nice.  We went to my parents' home along with my siblings.  We had a nice day of eating and talking.   Friday and Saturday I worked on projects around the house.  I was especially grateful to get the garage cleaned up.  Lots of things that needed to be moved into the shed, lots of things that needed to be brought into the house.  The floor was swept and it looks very nice and tidy now.  I also had Steven and Jordan bring in our Christmas boxes and I hung the outdoor lights.  A very productive weekend.

Since I was so busy with the funeral, I didn't get any housework done so that's my priority for today.  House cleanup and laundry will take most of the time I have.  I need to pick up a friend's kids from school and bring them back here, then tonight Alex has Cub Scouts.  While he is doing that, I will have a meeting with one of my church ladies.

Merilee