Author Topic: Tuesday, January 24, 2017  (Read 724 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Tuesday, January 24, 2017
« on: January 24, 2017, 07:12:32 AM »
Good Morning,

We are finally getting back to "normal". We feel better though I still have a lingering cough. Today it seems much less for some reason but I'm not complaining.

We had a nice day Sunday when our son came home for the day. We had a lot of deep conversations and he is a very good thinker.  It is really nice to see your kids develop into adults that are almost ready to become part of the world and not just a child anymore. My other daughter comes home Saturday after spending her January in the Middle East. It has been a wonderful opportunity for her there and now it's time for her to come home and share her experience and then start her next semester.

We had some good food this weekend. Rather I should say it tasted so much better than it did for the last few weeks. There was nothing wrong with the food but we weren't "feeling" it.

Our son is coming home today to stay for 5 days since he has a short break before his semester begins next Monday. He is getting resume's ready and looking online for jobs already though he doesn't graduate until May. It will be a nice 5 days home with him and then we have a couple of days with our daughter also! Can't wait!

That's it for my NON boring day!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, January 24, 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 07:30:11 AM »
Good Morning Alice and any who may follow.

Alice, sounds like you are having some nice time with your kids. It's always nice when you get to spend time together!

My day today is going to be a lot of this and a little of that!  I spent a lot of time on the computer yesterday.  Today I am hoping to limit that. 

I ended up not getting out to walk.  I was caught up in the projects I was working on.  Those are done now, so I am hoping to be more active today.

The basement purging still needs to happen, so hopefully I will find the motivation to do that.  I know I will be glad (or relieved) when that is done, so I do need to work at it.  Maybe if I just work on it for a half hour or so and see where I get I will feel like I have accomplished something!

I finished a book I was reading last night.  Now I have another one I want to get started on.  Maybe after some time downstairs I will use it as a reward. 

Hope everyone has a great day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Tuesday, January 24, 2017
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 09:03:26 AM »
Good morning!

Yesterday turned out to actually be a pretty productive day in spite of having my husband and two of my boys home sick.  I didn't get any big things done but I did a lot of the small things on my brain dump list so I feel pretty good about that.

On the other hand, the other shoe dropped and I've got the bug.  I'm starting in with a chest cold.   It's not too bad yet so I'll try to get the house cleaned up and the laundry done, just taking my time and not trying to rush.

I've also got to do some grocery shopping but luckily we don't need much so that shouldn't take long.

I'll try to get a nap in later today and go to bed early tonight.  I bought a humidifier yesterday and DH ran it last night and I think that really helped me to not cough too much and sleep well.  Here in Utah in the winter, the air can be *so* dry it really exacerbates coughs.  Add in the winter inversions and it can get really bad.  Fortunately, we've had storms in the last few days that have cleaned up the air so that helps.

Dinner tonight is supposed to be southwestern chicken tortilla soup.  Hope I feel up to making it.

Merilee