Author Topic: Wednesday, February 1, 2017  (Read 744 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Wednesday, February 1, 2017
« on: February 01, 2017, 06:12:29 AM »
Welcome to February Girls!!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Wednesday, February 1, 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 06:22:32 AM »
Good Morning!

Well, January is over, and February has arrived!  Can you believe it?  Time is going quickly, but I guess that means Spring is on it's way.  I am hopeful for that at least!  Cold, snowy, dreary.  That is what January has been.  Not a terrible amount of snow really, but absolutely with the exception of one day, no sunshine.  I struggle with that.  I am desperate to see the sun.
I am hopeful that when my friend and I go to NC and SC in a couple weeks that the sun will be shining there.  I don't need it to be 80*, but sunshine is necessary!

Today I will head to weight watchers.  I will weigh in hopefully for the month.  I feel like I should be back to goal today.  If I am, I won't have to pay, and will be free for the whole month!!  The challenge then, is to stay at this weight and not go crazy off the rails and have to fight to get back to goal again next month.  My friend can't walk with me today as her husband has been having trouble with his back, and she has to take him to the chiropractor.  Not sure if I will walk on my own, or if I will just come back home.  We will see how I am feeling. 

I will go meet up with hubby and pick him up later tonight.  Probably around 8:30 or 9 p.m. I am guessing.  We had talked about getting ahold of my son and us dropping his van at the park & ride, but sometimes it's just easier to only involve your own schedule, so I will just go pick him up.

Not much else here at my house.  I had some colored peppers to use up, so I made a stuffed pepper soup for dinner last night.  It was really good.  I will have that for lunch probably, and maybe even for dinner.  I think I have  few refried beans left as well, so maybe just a bean & cheese quesadilla for one of those meals.  Not sure what I will fancy at meal time.  But I am on my own, so it might just end up being cheerios!

Hope everyone is off to a nice day and a great February!
Take Care!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 07:27:02 AM »
Hi Pam,

Look outside--the sun is shining! At least it is here where I am.

We've been so busy lately with stuff! Can't even really figure out what that is all about. We're getting stuff ready for filing taxes and helping our kids get their stuff ready. Then there is dental costs that I want the kids to pay for themselves after insurance pays their portion. And eyeglasses costs. Our youngest daughter wants new glasses all the time. Then she gets a soccer ball to the face and needs them adjusted. Then wants a backup pair. Finally, I just said we pay all vision costs ourselves since we don't have vision coverage. Be careful with your stuff and pay for the new ones yourself. Finally I just can't pay for everything anymore. Enough ranting.

Last night I was going to have a salad for dinner but my body needed protein. Have you ever felt that suddenly you needed something? So I pan fried a steak for both me and hubby. I researched how to make a restaurant-style steak at home on the stovetop and it turned out really, really good. Maybe tonight I'll have that big salad that I've been craving. I don't think there are many leftovers in the fridge anymore from the weekend except maybe some chicken soup. I might freeze that for some lunches down the road.

That's it for me today.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 08:47:48 AM »
Isn't that sunshine beautiful Alice???!!!  I sat in the weight watchers parking lot and stared right into it for a few minutes! It felt so so good! (even though I had to squint a little bit!)

Weigh in went well, and I didn't have to pay! Back to free finally!

I know what you mean about expenses Alice.  Our son has glasses as well.  He has a pair of "rec specs" that he wears while playing sports. That way he doesn't damage his regular glasses being active. It has helped.  He is in the other camp of never wanting to take the time to go have his eyes checked and get new glasses. It is a different kind of fight.  Cheaper, but still a fight!   ;)

The protein thing I understand too.  Sometimes I feel like my blood anemic and all I want is a good steak.  It's usually right after my cycle, but I do have a feeling like "wow, I need some beef"!  Glad you found a way to cook yours without having to grill in 20* weather!

Enjoying the sunshine!
Pam
Wife of 32 years