Author Topic: Friday, Nov. 13  (Read 713 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Friday, Nov. 13
« on: November 13, 2015, 09:38:16 AM »
Good morning and Happy Friday!

It's a lovely, sunny, cold day!  I slept in today and that felt really good.  I made sure the teens got up in time to get ready for school then went back for some more rest.  Loved that!

Today's a pretty easy day.  I need to visit a church lady, make some phone calls and buy a few things for the two dishes I'm taking to our church supper tonight.  I'm going to wait til a few more things get cleared out of the fridge, then give it a really good cleaning, THEN fill it back up.  I've got a pretty good stock of food in the pantry and freezer so I may be able to wait til Monday!  I try to avoid grocery shopping on Saturdays if I can.  The stores can get crazy!

I told my family last night I was off kitchen duty til Monday morning, so I'm going to shop in the freezer and get the meat out that needs to thaw.  I will write out the menu for tomorrow and Sunday and gather the recipes so DH knows what to make. 

Today I'm going to put away the two loads of laundry that I've been talking about for 2 days now, wash the towels, pick up the entire house, finish putting away all the Halloween decorations (they're gathered, just not packed up), put together my Thanksgiving cornucopia (first time making one!), finish weeding my front flower bed, cut down all the plants, spread mulch, finish the garage, and a dozen other little jobs I can think of to do.

Dinner is at church tonight--I heard they were getting French dip sandwiches.  I'm taking a green bean casserole and a green salad. 

Hope you all have a great day and a relaxing weekend!  See you Monday!

Merilee

Offline wrancher

Re: Friday, Nov. 13
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 11:49:22 AM »
Good morning for 15 more minutes.

Waiting for crew to show up to pour cement. I have sandwiches and cookies made. Plus I have cheese, oranges, apples, and waters and pops. Good enough. If I have any for supper they have our leftovers from last night. We call it long boy cheeseburgers. Like pizza on French bread.  I am doing the usual dishes, laundry and cleaning. Fixing to sit down and do bookwork just so I can sit down. Levi has 1st tournament tomorrow in my home town 1 1/2 hrs away. My mom will go with us. Allison still has croup. No basketball for her. She has 3 games next week. ugh She needs to heal! I want to do some deep cleaning this weekend but we will see how that goes.  Better run

Janice