Author Topic: Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2016  (Read 1512 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2016
« on: November 15, 2016, 08:12:36 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline wrancher

Re: Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 08:15:19 AM »
Good Morning

I haven't posted in quite a while. Same ole thing here.  We are preparing for our 1st snow/rain on Thrusday and Friday and cold temps. We are so spoiled with 70 degree weather. We are in for quite a change.  So today I hope to

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 08:22:57 AM »
Good Morning to you all!

I am up and about. Have been doing some research on the internet, and reading e-mails and the like.  Now I need to pop in here real quick and shut my laptop!  I tend to get easily distracted on the computer, and then waste a ton of time!

I have a chiropractor appointment this afternoon. I go every 6-8 weeks for an adjustment to keep things where they need to be. I had terrible back trouble about 10 years ago, with a bulging disc and horrific pain. Now that I am all back in a good place, I am diligent about keeping things right. 

Since I will be on that end of town, I might run to Old Navy to try to find some new jeans. I really don't enjoy that kind of shopping experience (it's not as bad as bathing suit shopping, but still!), but I need a couple pair, and at some point need to bite the bullet and do it.  We'll see how I'm feeling this afternoon.

Dinner will be Chicken noodle soup. Hubby said he has had a scratchy throat, and seems like he might be fighting a little bug, so I will throw most of the ingredients in the crock pot and get that going. I think I need to pick up some carrots, so will do that while I am out and add those when I get home. Nothing like chicken noodle soup to kick an illness.

Not much else happening here.  Looking forward to watching This Is Us tonight. If you aren't watching it, and have the opportunity to get caught up, it is such a good show! Anybody else out there hooked! I love love love it!

Guess I should get around and get ready to go out into the world!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Hope the cold temps hold off for you Janice! Good to see you again!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 08:29:35 AM »
Good morning!

Bright sunny morning today! 

I managed to get all the clothes washed and most of them put away.  I have 2 loads to put away today.  I didn't get the sheets washed so that will get done today.  I have a basketful of ironing to do so I'll do that and watch DVDs. :)  We're having lasagna for dinner so I need to make the ricotta cheese and garlic bread.

I spent a lot of yesterday working on the family room--cleaning up, emptying holding boxes, sorting and putting away stuff.  Today I MUST get the camp stove taken down and put away, and put away stuff that goes in the shed.  Rain is predicted for tomorrow.

Have a great day!
Merilee

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 11:26:00 AM »
Good Morning to you all!

I am up and about. Have been doing some research on the internet, and reading e-mails and the like.  Now I need to pop in here real quick and shut my laptop!  I tend to get easily distracted on the computer, and then waste a ton of time!

I have a chiropractor appointment this afternoon. I go every 6-8 weeks for an adjustment to keep things where they need to be. I had terrible back trouble about 10 years ago, with a bulging disc and horrific pain. Now that I am all back in a good place, I am diligent about keeping things right. 

Since I will be on that end of town, I might run to Old Navy to try to find some new jeans. I really don't enjoy that kind of shopping experience (it's not as bad as bathing suit shopping, but still!), but I need a couple pair, and at some point need to bite the bullet and do it.  We'll see how I'm feeling this afternoon.

Dinner will be Chicken noodle soup. Hubby said he has had a scratchy throat, and seems like he might be fighting a little bug, so I will throw most of the ingredients in the crock pot and get that going. I think I need to pick up some carrots, so will do that while I am out and add those when I get home. Nothing like chicken noodle soup to kick an illness.

Not much else happening here.  Looking forward to watching This Is Us tonight. If you aren't watching it, and have the opportunity to get caught up, it is such a good show! Anybody else out there hooked! I love love love it!

Guess I should get around and get ready to go out into the world!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Hope the cold temps hold off for you Janice! Good to see you again!
Pam

Pam, I don't like jeans shopping either because it seems that no brands ever fit quite right, and I also used to buy mine at Old Navy.  If you get a chance, you might want to slide over to Kohl's and try out the JLo jean line.  They are made of the most comfortable stretchy material, so comfortable it feels almost like a yoga pant, but they are a jean that can be dressed up with really nice shirts or down with tees. IMO  I like them so much I am considering stocking up on them just in case they quit making them. :)  Just thought I would mention this, because jean shopping really is such a pain. :P  If you decide to go, let me know and I will it look up the exact ones online for you and post it. :) 

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 12:52:15 PM »
Buying Jeans....Oh, I read an article on MSN.com last week that women in their 50's (talking about me here) should never buy jeans when they're 53. Something about the fit will never be right because we're used to the "old" way they fit and new jeans of today fit differently. I fit this category and I cannot find jeans that fit. I'm short which is a big problem. A little overweight but not terribly and my tummy is bigger than I would like. All a combination for not finding jeans. I almost need to just go to Goodwill and try to find that perfect fit whatever that is. I really want a non-stretch Levi type but they just aren't loving me. The stretch part give me grief because when I wear them they begin being nice and form fitting but as the day progresses the stretch seems to stretch and then they feel loose and so that doesn't work for me.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 01:48:01 PM »
Buying Jeans....Oh, I read an article on MSN.com last week that women in their 50's (talking about me here) should never buy jeans when they're 53. Something about the fit will never be right because we're used to the "old" way they fit and new jeans of today fit differently. I fit this category and I cannot find jeans that fit. I'm short which is a big problem. A little overweight but not terribly and my tummy is bigger than I would like. All a combination for not finding jeans. I almost need to just go to Goodwill and try to find that perfect fit whatever that is. I really want a non-stretch Levi type but they just aren't loving me. The stretch part give me grief because when I wear them they begin being nice and form fitting but as the day progresses the stretch seems to stretch and then they feel loose and so that doesn't work for me.

Alice

So if you're not supposed to wear jeans after 53, then what do you wear?

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 01:55:55 PM »
LOL!  I did not go! I was just not feelin' it!

Kind of glad, because maybe I will take your suggestion and check those JLo jeans at Kohl's. And, since I am planning on getting in on some Kohl's cash come Monday, maybe I can get some for FREE!!!  That takes something off my plate for now! (Or gives me an excuse to procrastinate some more!!)

As for not wearing jeans after 50-something, I'm not buying it! Now leggings or jeggings or whatever, maybe, but I think women of a certain age can look pretty good in most things as long as they don't dress like they are trying to look 20!

I read a blog of a gal who talks about fashion for those over 40. She is a minister's wife, and her blog is really positive. I get ideas from her all of the time.

http://www.cyndispivey.com/

You have to go with what you feel comfortable in!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Rooney

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 02:07:16 PM »

Kind of glad, because maybe I will take your suggestion and check those JLo jeans at Kohl's. And, since I am planning on getting in on some Kohl's cash come Monday, maybe I can get some for FREE!!!  That takes something off my plate for now! (Or gives me an excuse to procrastinate some more!!)

As for not wearing jeans after 50-something, I'm not buying it! Now leggings or jeggings or whatever, maybe, but I think women of a certain age can look pretty good in most things as long as they don't dress like they are trying to look 20!

I read a blog of a gal who talks about fashion for those over 40. She is a minister's wife, and her blog is really positive. I get ideas from her all of the time.

Pam
HA!!! I agree.....says the girl who is currently wearing a pair of workout pants that has the word "JUICY" across the back! :D  I sooooo should not be giving advice in dressing your age. ;D

Offline Rooney

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 10:30:02 AM »

Pam

This is a nice blog!  Did you make sure you signed up for the Nordstrom giveaway?  If I can figure it out, (still looking at that) I am going to try and enter it. 

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 01:57:22 PM »
I have not signed up for the giveaway. Maybe I should look into it!

Hope you were able to get in, and have lots of luck!
p
Wife of 32 years