Author Topic: Saturday, January 16, 2016  (Read 1034 times)

Offline wrancher

Saturday, January 16, 2016
« on: January 16, 2016, 06:35:35 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Saturday, January 16, 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 06:46:26 AM »
Up and fixin to leave for Allisons basketball tourney. Need to leave in 1/2 hr.  The other 3 kids are at home. lane will leave for his tourney that he isn't playing in just watching team. He hurt his knee but I think he is ok.  Ross is out doing some chores but he plans on going along. So that will be about all that gets done besides what I do before I leave and get back.  I feel better about what I got done around here yesterday house wise.  Better go get roast to put in crockpot.

coffee on the run..
Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 07:02:10 AM »
Good morning.

I've been up since a little after 4 this morning.  I couldn't sleep, so I got up and started laundry, fed the cats and chickens, let the dogs out, took a shower, had my coffee, and I've just finished my breakfast.

I'm watching the grandkids today and by bedtime tonight I will probably be dragging.  Oh the joys of growing older!  ;)

Today I need to clean my living room floor.  It's been rainy around here so there's been a little dirt and mud tracked in, and of course there's the usual mess of heating with wood.  I could dust every hour and still not be caught up til spring!  I will try to tame the laundry mountain too. 

Supper is chicken fajitas.  I have the meat thawing, so just need to mix up the marinade and cut up the vegetables.

Hope you all have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 07:41:46 AM »
Good morning!

Didn't sleep so well last night.  I was looking forward to having the whole bed to myself with Earl gone, but who am I kidding?  I woke up in the middle of the night roasting (heat set on 63), pinned down by cats on either side holding the covers over me.  Had to remove some clothing and turn on the fan.

Anyway, Mallory's academic team was supposed to leave the school at 7:30.  All the kids were there but the coaches didn't arrive till 7:45.   ::)  It is snowing big flakes so I hope they have a safe drive.  Supposed to warm up to the 40's by late afternoon so hopefully the roads should be good for their return.  This is a tournament so they're not sure how long they will be there...I guess till they lose 2 games.

Today is a "lazy" day.  Maybe not entirely.  I am wanting to clear out the closet we use as a pantry but we'll see.  I had visions of working outside figuring the weather people would be wrong again, but since they weren't, I will limit my garden work to planning and/or starting seeds inside.  I Have to go meet the rancher and pick up some eggs at 11 AM but plan to be home otherwise.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline Linda G.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 08:32:40 AM »
Good Morning..

Janice-sounds like you have a busy but fun day ahead... Stay safe out.

Cheryl-my goodness you had a very busy day before the day started..maybe a quick nap is order..Have fun with the grands.

Catherine- poor kitties they were cold and wanted to snuggle..lol.enjoy your quite day.

Busy day here...well for me,Gary will be watching football.. and Nick is sleeping... Mt. Laundry is calling my name...  Have a great day

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 10:40:27 AM »
Morning ladies.

Still have the tail end of that cold and went to bed last night with a wicked migraine. Of course it's not all gone this morning so we'll see how my day goes.

It's snowing here and -20 at the moment. No garden planning for me here Catherine for many months yet lol.

Sis, Mt. Laundry eh lol. If I was there I'd sure help you with that  ;)

Enjoy your Saturday ladies and don't work too hard!
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 01:11:58 PM »
Hello! We woke up to a light dusting of snow, which I was not expecting. It's cold, and going to get even colder as the weekend goes on. Today I'm catching up on the laundry, which it sounds like many of you are, too! I've been paying bills and drinking lots of coffee.  ;) This morning I woke up feeling like the start of a cold is coming on, so I've doubled up on my vitamin C in hopes of lessening it.

Not much else on the agenda today. Possibly picking out a simple quilt pattern that I can make quickly. I found some fat quarters on clearance that I'd like to use.

Have a great day!  :)
Jennifer M.
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 02:30:56 PM »
Good afternoon ladies,
   I am all ready for work, but won't leave for another half hour or so. It has been cold here today, but supposed to be even colder tomorrow. It looks like next week will be the worse week of the winter for us so far. Several chances of snow and bitter cold temps. So if I disappear for a while, I will be at my brother, Ron's house. He lives about a block from my work and has generously told me I can stay there any time the weather is predicted to be bad. I cook for him and do his laundry in repayment. LOL He does not have the net, so all I do is watch tv when there.
   I fixed some amazing ham and beans today. Kevin had pressure cooked some pinto beans a while ago and froze them. I threw them, a ham bone, some sateed onions, and a can of chicken broth in the crock pot for a couple of hours. Oh my, it sure was good. The ham bone was leftover from a ham that Kevin smoked for Thanksgiving. Kevin must have told me 5 times how good it was.  ;D I also fixed some tuna salad for supper tonight. I will take a sandwich with me. I think tomorrow for lunch we will have fried chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, gravy, and green beans. Sounds good right now, anyway. I have been in a cooking mood lately.
   Well, I suppose I should start getting my lunch and stuff ready. You all have a great evening.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie