The Craft Room > Christmas Club

Why I am not keen on making stuff this year...

<< < (3/3)

Andrea G:
That is an AWESOME idea to give them gifts at at time other than Christmas.  That way you are not "competing" with all the shiny new toys.  I hate to put it that way, but that is how it seems to be.  A spontaneous when they least expect it is sure to be well-received! :)

sbdriver:
Winona my lighthouse quilt is displayed on the back of my rocking chair till I'm in it then it's keeping me warm. I think of you as well everytime I look at it  :)  :)

Laurie

MoWin:
Laurie,
I was going through some of my pictures the other day and saw the lighthouse quilt. Made me think of you and smile. I am so glad you are enjoying it. Is it cold up there yet?  ;D

Blessings,
Winona

greyhoundgirl:
I do agree it is partly the age and partly in what you're used to.  If the expectation is for storebought stuff, they probably don't understand the love that went into your homemade gifts.  It's sad.  :(  They will someday, though.

P.S.  I have my brownish fall patterned apron you made me many years ago.  It is still worn every week no matter the season.  It's faded now but still reminds you cared enough to spend that time making and sending it to someone you had never even met in real life.  :)

Hugs,
Catherine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version