Author Topic: Thursday, April 3, 2014  (Read 1160 times)

Offline wrancher

Thursday, April 3, 2014
« on: April 03, 2014, 06:28:04 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Thursday, April 3, 2014
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 06:33:08 AM »
Everyone must be busy with spring projects? We are busy with calving and we have been getting snow and icky weather making it not very fun.  We are out checking cows and calves at all hours and feeding way more hay than anticipated.  Very time consuming. If I get the chance to come in the house I grab clothes and throw in washer/dryer, dishes etc.  I need to do some bookwork desperately.  Gotta grab coffee. Have a few minutes in house still before kids leave for school.

Have a great day

Janice

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Re: Thursday, April 3, 2014
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 11:48:14 AM »
Good afternoon,

We got a lovely all night rain. It is still cloudy, but I think most of the rain has moved on. It looks like southern Missouri is getting hammered with severe weather and torrential rains this week.  :(

Ladies, I just can not believe this. We had new tires put on all around on our car last fall. About 2 weeks ago, I had a flat outside of St. Joe. Jonny came to my rescue. Two days ago I noticed the front passenger side tire was low, so added air. Yesterday morning, it was flat. Hmmm, both of these were from valve stem failures. I don't believe we have ever had a valve stem failure before. On his way to work yesterday, Kevin had a flat on the front drivers side. You guessed it, a valve stem failure. That is 3 valve stem failures in a couple of weeks. Kevin said he had the valve stems replaced when we got the tires put on. Well, they must have come from a defective batch. Kevin is going to pick up another valve stem today and replace the only tire that still has these original valve stems. Have you ever heard of this happening?  :o

I think I will transplant the sweet potato slips that have roots into some potting soil today. My other plants are not quite big enough to transplant, so they will have to wait. I am hoping this rain we had last night brings up the seeds we have planted.  ;D

I finished a knitted dish cloth last night and started another. I just feel like I need something mindless to work on in the evenings. I miss quilting, but really don't want to start another hand quilting project since I need to get Hayley's quilt done. I am thinking I will have to work really hard to get it done in time now, since I only have 4 months, but I also think I need this break. I will do my best. Not the end of the world if it isn't done in time.

You all have a wonderful day. Stay safe if you are in the way of the spring storms moving across the south.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie