Author Topic: Thursday, Jan. 28  (Read 957 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Thursday, Jan. 28
« on: January 28, 2016, 06:58:01 AM »
Good Morning!

Almost done with the work week and the month of January!

Nothing but work on my agenda today.  It has been a busy week and I'm hoping to slide into the weekend quietly.

Still thinking about dinner tonight. Lately, I've been just winging it but still nutritious foods are being made. I'm up for ideas--quick and simple are the best.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Thursday, Jan. 28
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 07:27:08 AM »
Good morning!

Getting ready to take the "littles" run to school shortly, well, two of them.  Micah is staying home again today.  Maddy is also staying home feeling like she's getting a tummy bug.  Max is at least going back today.  So I will not be helping at the school this morning.

On the agenda, cleaning, maybe finally getting around to starting some seeds, etc... .  I tend to either get a lot done or else less than usual when upset, and I'm certainly that this morning (see post in prayer request thread).  I need to finish my menu plan as well.

My mom texted this morning to get some info for their upcoming trip with the girls to D.C. over spring break, so I called her back briefly.  The girls are sure excited about that.  :)  Sounds like they will have fun and get to do a lot.

Dinner tonight is a lentil/butternut squash soup.  I never am excited about lentils, but at least it's food, right?  I try to tell myself that, anyway. 

Catherine

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 07:27:31 AM »
Good morning!

Quiet day at home today.  I'll keep working on the projects I have going.  Nothing different today. :)

I've made lots of progress on getting my holding containers emptied.  My bedroom is looking so much better.  I really need to stop using it as a dumping ground.

Dinner tonight is meatloaf, mac and cheese, green salad and fruit.

Have a great day!
Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 07:39:38 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!:

I have a "day off" day today!  Meaning, that hubby has gone out of town, and I don't feel like I have any real responsibilities that are urgent, or that can't be put off.  It is kind of freeing to have a day like this every once in a while.
Maybe I will just have a "me" day. (anybody ever have one of those???) LOL! 

I think at some point I should go pick up some milk, but if I don't, oh well!  ;)

Hope everyone has a good day, and that you all feel accomplished before you go to bed!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 07:58:47 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!:

I have a "day off" day today!  Meaning, that hubby has gone out of town, and I don't feel like I have any real responsibilities that are urgent, or that can't be put off.  It is kind of freeing to have a day like this every once in a while.
Maybe I will just have a "me" day. (anybody ever have one of those???) LOL! 

I think at some point I should go pick up some milk, but if I don't, oh well!  ;)

Hope everyone has a good day, and that you all feel accomplished before you go to bed!
Pam

Enjoy that "day off"!  I'm sure your me day will be fun.  :)

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 08:10:42 AM »
Good morning!

We're all just coming off a cold, so the house is a bit of a disaster and I'll be focusing on putting that back together today. I have this nagging feeling that I'm forgetting an appt today.  I've checked both my calendars and nothing's listed, so we'll see I guess.

Dinner tonight will be breakfast. Cinnamon rolls, bacon and eggs.
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 09:29:03 AM »
Good morning!

I am up and having my coffee in a quiet house (minus the sound of the dishwasher and the TV, lol) .  The boys are still asleep and I am thinking about running to TJ Maxx to see if I can find a basket to put by the front door for shoes.  We got a new entryway bench a few days ago with baskets for underneath but it seems like there are always overflow shoes so a large basket would be nice too.

We have a new vet coming out today.  There is a mobile vet here that has great reviews and people say that he's not any more expensive than other vets so we are going to switch to him.  Looking forward to meeting him and getting the pups caught up on their vaccines and getting Sophie's nails trimmed.

Also on the list is calling the kennel to schedule them to be there for a weekend coming up while we visit the inlaws, baking some bread that is rising and more stuff around the house.

Not sure what dinner is tonight.  I think we have life group for church so once I figure out if we are getting together, I can decide on what to make for dinner.

Happy Thursday!

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 07:12:51 PM »
Hello everyone,
   I had such a busy day, so I am tired and thinking about turning in. LOL I went to town and have us all stocked up on animal food and people food. They are still calling for a major snow storm here on Tues. They keep saying they can't predict where the bullseye will be, but it looks like we will get some snow, anyway and wind. Wind is the enemy for us when it is snowing. So, depending on when the storm is predicted to start, I will be going to Ron's again. I bought several things today to leave at Ron's house. Also got lots of lunch stuff, so I can start taking my lunch again. I was so tired coming home that I stopped at Pizza Hut and got us a pizza. At least we limited ourselves and have enough for lunch tomorrow too. I am not feeling too bad after eating the gluten. Let's hope it continues. LOL
   Well, I need to get ready for bed. I will talk to you all tomorrow.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie