The Hearth > Managing a Household

THURSDAY, OCT. 24

<< < (2/3) > >>

luv2bmom:
Hi ladies,

I've got my errands done now waiting for dh to wake up, we have dinner plans...

Yesterday our granddaughter was playing in our basement playroom when dh noticed a bit of water on the concrete floor (this is the unfinished side) he realized pretty quick it was coming from my washer upstairs...dh took the panel off and there is a weepy drip from one of the connectors, he thought putting silicone on it would help but I did a load this a.m. and it's still dripping.  My washer is over 10 yrs old and it's been a good one.  Dh said lets get a new set!  I'm so excited!  I've been reading reviews and decided on what i'm getting.  Plus their in stock!!  woohoo!

It's turing cold fast in Ohio, we have had a fire every night this week and I kept it going overnight as well.  So glad dh has our winter supply of wood all done.  We are working on getting wood split to take to my parents soon.

Hope you all have a good day, i'm getting sleepy waiting for dh to wake up....and I just had a big cup of coffee, oh dear!  take care!

MissMandy:

--- Quote from: luv2bmom on October 24, 2013, 11:26:53 AM ---...I did a load this a.m. and it's still dripping.  My washer is over 10 yrs old and it's been a good one.  Dh said lets get a new set!  I'm so excited!  I've been reading reviews and decided on what i'm getting.  Plus their in stock!!  woohoo!

--- End quote ---

Oooh!  What are you getting?!

Mandy

luv2bmom:
Hi Mandy!

We chose an LG front load set, front load!  I'm so excited Coby will pick them up tomorrow morning!!

Rooney:

--- Quote from: luv2bmom on October 24, 2013, 05:30:08 PM ---Hi Mandy!

We chose an LG front load set, front load!  I'm so excited Coby will pick them up tomorrow morning!!

--- End quote ---
Pixie,
Make sure you get a warranty!  We have had our LG set for a year and used the warranty twice.  On our Maytag set, the warranty got used like 4 times in the first year. (I need 2 sets as I do about 6-8 loads a day).  With the warranty all these repairs were free, without one and the repairs are almost as much as a new machine!  They just don't make appliances as well anymore I guess.  :P  Whatever the warranty costs, it is worth it!! ;)

MissMandy:
Ooooh, so exciting!  I know you're thrilled.  Any leads on selling the old one(s)?  I saw your post on Facebook.

Also, I second the warranty.  We paid for the extended warranty (5 years, I think, instead of the standard 2) through Lowes where we bought our set, and while we haven't had to use it, I'm glad to have it there.  I think we used a 10% off coupon on the set anyway, so it ended up being close/under the regular price anyway, even with the extra warranty.

Can't wait to hear how you like it after you do that first load!

Mandy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version