Author Topic: Monday, July 28, 2014  (Read 1312 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, July 28, 2014
« on: July 28, 2014, 05:37:08 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, July 28, 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 05:45:48 AM »
Camping was good.  When we got back yesterday we cleaned out camper, pickup and grainieries. We got in late. Today is clean more grainieries and Ross and 3 kids are going to neighbors to work calves.  I am suppose to have meeting tonight on cattle not sure if I will make it but would like to.  Also today order bountiful basket and it feels like there is something else really important but I can't remember.  I want to start hauling hay but need more tractors for augers.  We are combining oats today. Small field but it looks like the trucks will be the busiest it looks like it is going to make a lot of bushels.  I need to straighten up walk in cooler. My typical morning chores are laundry, dishes, water plants and check pool. I need to get parts on lawn mower desperately. Ross has like a pinched nerve in his neck though.  I will be heading out to bale up straw behind oats when combiners get going pry around 10 or 11.

Have a great day
Janice
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:26:56 AM by wrancher »

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 09:06:18 AM »
Morning!

Three guesses what's on my schedule for today  ;D.  Big shocker, it's NSA work, going over the bathrooms, making the bed, finishing laundry, and vacuuming! 

We had family over for a cookout on Saturday, and it was great!  My mom brought my oldest niece over to spend some one-on-one time with me first, and we had a fun time picking blackberries, watching Little House on the Prairie, and baking.  She is really into Harry Potter, so she got a kick out of meeting Grimmauld and baking Irish soda bread and making tea out of my Harry Potter cookbook. Later, everyone else (mom, dad, brother and sister-in-law, and two younger nieces) came over and we grilled hot dogs and zucchini.

Yesterday after church my brother and the nieces picked up Jean and I and we went to a local attraction, DinosaurLand.  It's a super-kitschy place with dozens of life-size dinosaur replicas.  I've wanted to go for a long time, and it was so fun (for us adults, as well as the kids!).  Afterwards we all enjoyed lunch at Taco Bell, then we head to the beach/lake in our neighborhood for some swimming and sunshine.  They all went back to mom and dad's late afternoon, and just us adults (Jean and I, my brother and SIL) went out for Thai food and Sweet Frog last night.  Exhausting, busy weekend, but lots of fun.

Today is back to 'normal'.  It's cool (mid-70's) and pretty breezy outside.  Jean is finishing a job today, so he should hopefully be home fairly early.  I'd like to do something active with him tonight - a walk, back to the lake for a swim , something - so we'll see!  Dinner tonight is baked breaded fish, baked fries, and broccoli.

Have a wonderful day!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 11:36:18 AM »
Hello Ladies!

Its been crazy here. We are moving in less than 3 weeks so things are being packed up and I feel like my life is complete chaos but it will all be over soon and we can get on with our life in a new place.

The boys are both at Scout camp this week and the hubs is working.  Makes for pretty lonely days, to be honest  but I am trying to stay busy.  I think I am going to pack up the boys rooms this week (well, most of the room.. nothing essential)

Going to lunch with a friend today and then working on our school schedule for the coming year.  Need to plan it too as we start school about 10 days after we move.. eeeeekkkkk!

Dinner tonight is Southwest Hummus Wraps.

Mandy - enjoy your evening!