Author Topic: Friday, January 13, 2017  (Read 810 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Friday, January 13, 2017
« on: January 13, 2017, 07:22:20 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Friday, January 13, 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 07:33:07 AM »
Hello to all who pop in today!

Friday the 13th!!  Does this bother any of you?  I usually feel like it's a lucky day for me.  Well, not when I was 16.  I was in a car accident (not my fault) on a Friday the 13th.  Had only had my driver's license for about 3 months at the time.  (again, it was not my fault!)  But other than that, I am not freaked out by it.  I know a lot of people are.

Today I still need to color my hair.  The day just got away from me yesterday.  I got lost on the internet.  >:(  I need to get off this computer as soon as I post this, and stay off it today. 
Spent a lot of time searching for a reception venue.  (can you say expensive??)

Tonight we are meeting friends for dinner and then going to the Christopher Cross concert.  I am so looking forward to it.  It's not that I am a huge CC fan, but did enjoy his music back a million years ago in HS!  More so to see our friends and spend some time with them.  Haven't seen them in a while.

I have a gift basket for them, that I have all the components together, but I need to arrange it and wrap it up. 
I need to run to hobby lobby quick this afternoon.  This girlfriend and I have friendship charm bracelets, so whenever we do something together, we add a charm to represent the activity.  I am going to look for a sailboat (CC's song "Sailing") to represent tonight.  Hope it is an easy find!

I'm sure there are plenty of things that need to be done around here, and it will keep me busy.  But, my main goal is to stay off the computer and my phone.  I am losing so much time and so much of my life on those stupid contraptions!  ::)

Hope everyone has a great day!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 10:29:10 AM »
Good morning!

Nope, Friday the 13th doesn't bother me.  Never has.

Feels like it should be Saturday because all the kids are home from school (yesterday was end of term so it's teacher workday for entering grades, etc).  ;D  We're having a nice relaxed morning.

My fridge is down to the bare bones so it's time to go grocery shopping.  I've made up the menu and the shopping list.  I've been putting my spices in their containers.  I can buy my spices from the bulk section of my grocery store so I've been emptying the bags into the carousel.  I have this nifty carousel that measures out the spices 1/4 tsp at a time so it's been great.  https://www.amazon.com/Select-Spice-Auto-Measure-Carousel-Professional/dp/B00004VWIP/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1484328179&sr=1-2&keywords=spice+carousel.  I didn't buy mine from Amazon but that's the one I have.

After I finish with the spices and take inventory of what else is needed, it'll be time to go grocery shopping.  When I get back, I'll get all the food put away and have the kids help clean up the house.  I have a load of laundry that needs to be done and I'll work on the office more.

Dinner tonight is pork chops, mushroom rice, green bean casserole, and fruit.

Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 11:36:24 AM »
I'm here but dragging.

We're both sick. Mom had surgery this morning to remove her gallbladder. I hope she is fine. I can't go visit because I'm not 100% well. Hubby has strep throat and I have a terrible nagging cough.

No one is super hungry and no one feels like making anything either. When we feel a little hungry we wish we had something. Hubby made some chicken noodle soup yesterday and it was very salty--probably because he lost his sense of taste.

I think we'll just stay home this weekend and try to get better.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 02:36:54 PM »
Merilee: that is a clever little gadget!

Alice: sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you can get some rest this weekend.  Do you have Monday off for the holiday?
Hope your Mom is doing better too. 

Pam
Wife of 32 years