Author Topic: Monday Jan. 30, 2017  (Read 922 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Monday Jan. 30, 2017
« on: January 30, 2017, 07:16:36 AM »
Good Morning!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday Jan. 30, 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 07:28:56 AM »
Hello Ladies!

Hope everyone is off to a great start to another week!

It is cold and cloudy in these parts.  Just another winter day in MI.  It really has been quite mild so far for winter, so I am not complaining.  We have had much colder winters, and much heavier snow falls in the past few years, but I am still kind of over it!  ;)  A week ago we had such a beautiful reprieve with a warm sunny day, and I am so thankful for that!

Yesterday I spent the day on the road.  Hubby needed to meet up with his coworker, and I dropped him off so that they wouldn't have an extra car to deal with.  I was on the road about 8 hours total. Ran into some iffy weather with snow, but the roads weren't too bad overall.  My car when I got back was a mess!  Before I came home, I ran to the car wash to clean it up.  I didn't want all that mess to end up on the garage floor!

Today I will spend on some paperwork, some research for hubs, and some wedding planning.  I am on my own until Wednesday night, so I will do whatever I see that needs to be done.  The bathrooms could use some attention, so I will fit those in as well.

I will be home until Wednesday morning.  I have nowhere that I need to go.  There are plenty of food options, and since I don't have to feed anyone else, I can do simple things that I like, and I don't need to worry about anybody else liking it!  :D

Hope everyone else is off to a great start to your week!
Would love to hear what you are all up to!
Pam

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 07:32:20 AM »
Good morning!

I am up and at it! :D. Emily spent the night with my mother, so that means I have the day to myself.  I am going to clean like crazy.  The house seems to take a beating on weekends, and Monday mornings are busy.

We had a good weekend.  My oldest daughter and my grandson came over on Saturday.  We popped some corn and watched a couple of movies.  We try to get together every month for a family movie night.  Since it was late after the movies, they spent the night with us.  After they left yesterday Emily went to my mother's and Tony and I went to Sam's club and spent too much money, but it's the bulk of shopping for next month so maybe not too bad.

Well, guess I better get back to work.  We are putting new flooring in the bedroom and there's some things I need to move around so we can start that tonight.  Hope you all have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 07:46:02 AM »
Good Morning,

We got our daughter home from her January travels, helped her get her laundry done, grocery shopped with her, gave her a much needed back rub, worshipped at church with the family, and then sent the kids back to college which begins 2nd semester today! It all went smoothly so now we're back down to the two of us. I put in a load of towel before work so hopefully hubby remembers to put that in the dryer.

Meals were simple--two varieties of soup Sat. evening since I didn't know how daughter's tummy would feel after traveling nearly 24 hours. So it was soup and bread and butter. Apparently, it was perfect because there were no complaints. Sunday was a big chicken dinner with mashed potatoes, beans and stuffing. Enough for both kids to bring food back for meals sometime this week.  There also is enough leftovers for us for a few days which will be nice.

January is about done which means we're just that much closer to spring! I can't wait.

That's my update!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats