Author Topic: Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2016  (Read 1029 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2016
« on: November 09, 2016, 08:46:59 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 09:05:41 AM »
Good morning!

It feels like some kind of "The Morning After".  I really don't know what to think about the election results.  I think I would feel the same way regardless of which candidate won.

There's a lot of panicking out there.  But I believe that what happens in our homes has a much greater effect on our daily lives than what happens in Washington.  I know what people are saying about our President-elect but I will continue to raise my family in the teachings of Jesus and remind them that no matter what, Jesus commanded us to love one another.  I think that will do a great deal to heal our nation.

That being said, I will be getting the contact information for my Congressional representatives and keeping a closer eye on what is going on.  And I will contact my representatives if  I see something that I feel is harmful.

And that's the end of my political post.  :)

Wednesday is normally my shopping day but I don't think I need anything from the store so I'll just work around my house.  Tonight is a Scout Court of Honor and I need to make some cookies for it. 

Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 09:23:40 AM »
No politics from me--this is not the place for it, IMO.

I will post on what a nice day off from work I had yesterday! Hubby and I both had the day off to do yard work, had some quiet time, made dinner for our son who came home, did some cleaning and mending, and took care of a lot of odds and ends.

My eyes are paying for it today because of all the outside work we did. I am sure I am allergic to something in the leaves and mowing all the leaves and the dust. I took a Zyrtec before we began but I should probably take one again.That does seem to help and I probably should take them regularly to get me through this cleanup season.

We had a wonderful dinner but our son took most of the leftovers with him for a dinner sometime this week. He mostly cooks but when he doesn't have to he is happiest. So tonight will be something but I don't know what yet.

Our weather here has been nice and mild and I'm loving that. I took two walks yesterday although it was windy for a good part of the day and then it quieted down. I'll see what the leaves are like tonight and decide whether or not I need to pick some up or not. We keep up on it daily or else we would have two feet of leaves to deal with!

Not much else on my boring agenda!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 12:51:40 PM »
Hello Ladies;

Kind of a quiet reflective day for me.  :-X

Went to Weight Watchers, walked with my friend at our local botanical gardens, and then grabbed a bite of lunch.  I stopped into a grocery store right after that to grab a quick something that wasn't available at the stores I went to yesterday.

Once home I have been doing some research on line for hubby.
He is out of town to record his radio show, and won't be home until quite late I am assuming, so I am on my own for dinner.  I have leftovers, so will most likely have those.

Happy that the weather held for my walk earlier.  It was a little chilly - not quite 50*, but the sun was shining, so that was helpful.  Not looking forward to the weather we are in for. They are saying colder than average, and more snow than normal. Hoping it is only one or the other, but will have to prepare for both I guess.  :P

Would love to see more gals chatting and sharing here. I've always enjoyed learning from so many lovely ladies from different walks of life, with like ideals. Hope to see a few more popping in to say hey!

Enjoy your day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 03:21:48 PM »
Long day!!  Was up until after all the election stuff was over, so today am really dragging.  We are boring around here this time of year too.  We are just inside finishing up our school day.  Running laundry and did some ironing.  I am getting ready to start supper.  Burgers and fries tonight, easy.  Tonight, might work out---or not, I'm tired.  We are doing our usual before the holidays touch up painting through the house.  Kids are hard on walls and paint, so this is an annual thing we do to keep up. Don't like to do it, but it needs to be done.

I have been doing a lot of reading lately too, so may finish up the book I am reading.  I really can't think of much else.

Have a good night.

Lindsay