Author Topic: Tuesday, August 26, 2014  (Read 785 times)

Offline Cheryl

Tuesday, August 26, 2014
« on: August 26, 2014, 06:33:46 AM »
Good morning!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Cheryl

Re: Tuesday, August 26, 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 06:38:11 AM »
We are finishing up breakfast, then are off to the library.

The heat is not supposed to be as bad today with lower humidity and temps.  I'll take it without complaint as long as the humidity is gone!  I cannot stand the humidity.

When we get home from town, I need to spend some time in the kitchen.  I have a lot of prep work I need to do, such as boiling eggs, washing salad greens, chopping vegetables for salads, etc.   

Have a great day, everyone! I'll check in here a little later on today. :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 07:13:10 AM »
Good morning Cheryl and all

40% chance of rain so you never know.  The temps have sure cooled off 53 right now with a high of 78.  I need to go around to all the cows first to put out salt and mineral and gather fecal samples to get froze so I can get in mail.  Then home to grind cucumbers and onions for relish.  I will start laundry and dishes in a second. Ross dropped his phone in water tank so yesterday so need to order a new one and megan wants a bountiful basket at college.  I need to call the guy who might buy Megan's old car so I can get that out of here and stop insurance.  I always have some sort of bookwork it seems so I want to do some of that. We took our open yearlings into the sale barn last night and they sell after lunch so will go watch them. 

Have a great day
Janice

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 09:22:14 AM »
Good morning!

First day of school yesterday went well.  I have a feeling it's going to be a tough year for Christie. She's taking an AP world history class and chemistry.  She's always struggled with math, so the chemistry will be hard.  And the AP class will require a lot of reading and studying.  We'll see how it goes.

I didn't get much done yesterday so today I have lots to do.  Laundry and house pick up are the most important homemaking tasks. The playroom looks like a toy factory blew up.  My children and friends don't play as well when there's toys everywhere and all mixed up.   I have corn that I need to process and it must be done today, no matter what.  I need to run to the store to get a new gas line for the camp stove so I can use my canners.  While I'm out I'll also stop at the farm stand to buy salsa stuff.  I like my homemade salsa much more than anything I buy at the store.

In between all this, when I have a few extra minutes here and there, I'll do other quick little jobs.

This afternoon Alex has his kindergarten assessment.

Have a great day!
Merilee