Author Topic: Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017  (Read 752 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017
« on: February 21, 2017, 06:32:24 AM »
Happy Tuesday,

It's raining in West Michigan today. We had three lovely and even warm days with some sunshine. I had three days worth of long walks. My legs hurt today!  It will still be warm today and even warmer tomorrow. But by the weekend, it looks like winter again. It is only February after all.

We're starting to rip apart our bathroom and that is really scary to me. I know it will look bad for a while and then it will look good. The bad is startling though. Not structurally bad but just ripped apart bad. We hope to do about half of the project ourself and the builder the other half but if it gets out of control we might just turn it all over to the builder.

I can't believe we're nearing the end of February already. It seems like it just started. But I'm OK with that since then we'll be closer to spring and summer! I'm already dreaming of the lovely outdoors and the smell of grass being mowed. I love that.

Meals are still coming from whatever is in the freezer and pantry. I have to do a little shopping once in a while for fresh stuff but not much. I did notice that we are out or almost out of a few fresh things so that will be on the list Saturday.

Not much else for me today.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

Re: Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 07:38:21 AM »
Good morning.

Looks like a rainy day here too.  That's ok with me because I have a lot of stuff I need to be doing.  We are replacing the flooring in our bedroom and building a closet, so I need to clear out some stuff.  It seems we are in a constant state of fixing up something in this old house, and by the time we get one thing completed it's already needing something else.

According to the Where's my Refund, we should be getting ours deposited in the bank Thursday.  I'm always relieved when it actually gets here.  We owe the state but I will write their check in April.  We will probably use our refund to fix up something in the house or add a new roof.  That job has been put off too long and we have a small leak.

Well guess I need to get off here and make a Wal-Mart run.  Hope you all have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 10:01:40 AM »
Good morning!

It's sunny right now but lots of clouds and my weather forecast says snow/rain over the next few days.  Guess winter isn't over yet! :)

I've been working in the office.  I haven't done anything in there for a while but stuff kept moving in so I decided it was time to give it some attention.

I also need to plan a menu and go grocery shopping.  I have laundry that needs to be done but it's not urgent so if it doesn't get done, we'll be OK.

We had a nice long weekend.  Yesterday we drove up to see my parents.  We haven't seen them in a while so it was great to visit with them.  They live in the town where my daughter is planning to attend college so we (Christie and I) walked around campus for awhile.  I went to school there and it was fun to see the places I spent so much time in.  A lot of changes, but a lot is still the same.

Not sure what dinner is-probably sandwiches as today is the day I pick up my friend's kids after school and keep them till evening when the boy and my son go to Scouts.

Merilee