Author Topic: Monday, November 24  (Read 1403 times)

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
Monday, November 24
« on: November 24, 2014, 04:41:14 AM »
Good morning.  :D

It's a 3 day week!!  Yippee!!!  I only have to pack Sam's lunchbox for 3 days!  ;D ;D  His lunchbox is one of the most dreaded chores I have...and yes, packing it is a chore.  :P  He's not a sandwich kind of guy so it is challenging to find something to pack him if I don't have leftovers.  Ugh. 

OK.  Moving on....let's see.  We had a really good weekend.  Friday night, Caylon and I went to Hickory, our "big city" with all the bigger stores.  We went to Dollar Tree and I got my planners and calendars for 2015.  I love their monthly calendar/planners.  I have used them for a couple of years for our bill paying/paycheck kind of stuff and also one for my menu.   I also got 2 pretty calendars, one to hang at my desk and one on the fridge.  I got all of Evan's Christmas shopping completed and a gift for Lainey too.  Saturday was just a normal kind of day...laundry, bread making, hanging out with Sam  ;D and Caylon, her fiance and their 3 kids came over so it was wild and crazy for awhile.  Holden was worn out and ready for his nap.  We went out to eat Mexican for supper.  Yay!!!  Sunday I didn't feel well at all.  I was up all Saturday night with stomach issues.  I'm not sure if I had a touch of something or if that Mexican did a number on me.  It was also chilly, rainy and yucky yesterday so I spent the better part of my day on the couch with my Ipad.  It is safe to say I have caught up on all my online reading and Youtube watching.  ;D  I did manage to fix some pork stew last night and it was really good.  I don't think I have ever fixed stew with pork but I found some pork stew meat on mark down for a really good price so that is what we had.  I fixed it just like beef stew and Sam said that he thinks he likes the pork better....it's not stringy like beef stew is.  Anyway...that stew and cornbread was for supper. 

Now it's Monday and I have gotten my turkey out of the freezer.  I need to make my bread and cornbread for the dressing and also sautee the onions and peppers.  I have a ton of laundry to do since it rained yesterday.  Aaron hunted in the rain so all of his clothing and coveralls is wet and muddy.   >:(  Today is going to be a little warmer so we've let the fire die down overnight and I'll clean the ashes out and Sam wants to reposition the stove a smidge.  It's gotten turned a little bit and has the stove pipe wonky.  I'm putting stew leftovers in Sam's lunchbox so that's a no-brainer, hallelujah.  8) 

OK.  I've rambled long enough.  My coffee is finished perking and I'll go enjoy a cup before Holden wakes up and Evan gets here.  I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cheryl

Re: Monday, November 24
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 05:11:06 AM »
Good morning!

Beth - sounds like you had a busy weekend!  Bet you're glad to finish up some of that Christmas shopping.  I've done most of mine online, partly because Emily is ALWAYS with me and partly because the crowds this time of year really get to me. :)

Yesterday I made another trip to Aldi to get some butter.  I now have 22 lbs in the freezer, enough to last a good while.  Got some 69¢ eggs while we were there, so we'll be eating some egg meals around here. ;D

Tony is off work today because of the rain.  It's a wet, soggy mess out there and no one can be on loaders in the quarry where he works when it rains as much as it did yesterday. 

Today I'm supposed to take the kitten back to the vet for his booster shots and then I'd like to check out a new thrift store.  After that, it's school with Emily and general housecleaning.

Guess I'd better get to my coffee and then get a shower.  Hope you all have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 06:20:19 AM »
Good morning!

Woke up far earlier than I would have liked so finally just got up and dressed.  Having just my coffee for now because I'm hiking today and don't want my breakfast to run out too early on me.  We are planning on doing a trail that is 7.2 miles.  No super challenging boulders, but still lots of ups and downs and rocks.  Good exercise, anyway.  I have done this trail twice before, once this past spring and once last year, but never been "the leader" on it.  I'm a little leary because I've seen bison on it before (hmm...maybe that's why it's name is The Bison Trail), which is fine if you come out on the other side of a field from them but not so fine if you come around a blind corner and up against one.  Putting on my big girl panties and going to (try to) be brave.  :P  On the bright side, I've never seen longhorn on it, yet, though they are plentiful on the Refuge.

Weather is supposed to be pretty nice this week.  This morning will be in the 40's (feels like 38) so I am layering up.  Supposed to be 57 by the time we get done hiking.  Low 60's for the highs most of the week.  Guess we could have camped after all, but last week they were saying 20's at night.

You ladies are doing great with your Christmas shopping.  I have not started at all, unless you count the flower pots I got at TSC awhile back to be part of teacher gifts.  And some dishcloths I've made for teacher gifts.  However, on our walk last night, Earl and I were doing some planning.  We've got the "big" gift figured out for at least two kids so far. 

Dinner tonight is going to be baked chicken thighs served with stir-fry veggies and rice.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 06:32:17 AM »
Cheryl, the majority of my shopping will be done online. I don't do well in crowds either. If I didnt want to get the planners and calendars from Dollar Tree, I wouldn't have gone to the city at all.

It was really easy to see the state of our economy in this area...Dollar Tree had 3 cash registers going with lines at all 3 to the back of the store. Target had maybe 20 customers in the entire store and no one had more than 2 or 3 things in their buggies. I just found that interesting.

Beth
Beth in western NC
MIL to Bo

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 06:54:26 AM »
Good morning

Fun to come here with so many people posting! Today is a normal day, whatever that is.  Chores and bookwork and housework in that order. I have to take out turkey and put in walk in.  I need to clean fridge, walk in and stove this week.  I am putting cheeseburger soup in crockpot this morning to get organized this week.  Ashley starts basketball practice tonight.  It will be kinda nice as I will only get boys right after school.  I need to get our tags for vehicles tonight and order inhalers for these asthma kids.  My dh and kids got my spice cupboard shelves fixed do I got that put back together.  I need him to get a new faucet put on and my dishwasher needs screws in it to hold in place.  These things have needed done for a long time I am putting the pressure on him since he volunteered me for Thanksgiving! 😉. I have been suggesting for a long time. We will see how long it takes. Well need to load the servants.

Coffee on the run
Janice

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 07:28:35 AM »
Good morning everyone. We all slept in this morning since school is on break except DH who was up around 4 to go fishing. Kids are cleaning their rooms and I have laundry going bc we will need clean clothes if I'm to pack for thanksgiving. DH has to work the night before thanksgiving so we can't leave for my mom's til 8 that morning which is not ideal but has to be. I think I'm most excited about the Sunday after on the drive home we are stopping at the OKC Zoo. When we lived closer we went about once a month but now that we moved and it's a 3 hour drive we haven't been in 2 years:(.  I agree Beth packing lunch is a chore, my DH doesn't like sandwiches either but lately he has only had time to grab food on a bathroom break so no time to heat anything up then I feel bad for him not eating so I try to pack a variety of hot and cold. Well I better have some coffee and get the day going. Have a great day everyone.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Linda

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 07:37:10 AM »
Good Morning, heading to Kohls today to exchange some things and get Nick some black work pants... i may look around for some Christmas things there... if it wasn't for Amazon no one would ever get any presents...don't like the crowds either.
 Have some laundry i need to finish up, would so like to get my walking in today, suppose to be in the 40's so maybe i can.Also we need to get some furniture moved to the basement so we can put up our Christmas tree..having such a small home means a bit of rearranging to make a tree fit in the living room..
 Guess i better get busy.. have a great day

Beth, i do understand about the packing of lunches..it does become a chore to think of different things.

Janice, you get more done in one day than i do in month...must be your coffee you drink. lol

Cheyrl- that is excellent on all the butter you have... i have ran out of mine from last year.. just waiting till some store here has it on sale.

Catherine-have a great time today and be safe.

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 08:02:21 AM »
Good morning!

I haven't posted in awhile because I've been reading on my iPad but I've kept up with your days!

I posted a question here on the Managing board so thought while I was here I'd post on the daily.

Today I have laundry to do.  I have been thinking about a new system for managing clothes for my two younger boys.  Between the few new outfits we get (back to school, birthdays, etc) and hand-me-downs, we have lots of clothes.  Especially shirts.  So I have decided that I'm going to hang 4 long sleeve shirts and 3 short sleeve shirts for each boy.  The rest will be folded and put in a drawer.  The shirts will be put in the dirty clothes each day, then on the next laundry day, I will take out another 4 long sleeve and 3 short sleeve shirts and hang them.  The 7 shirts in the laundry will be washed, folded and put in the drawer.  That way I can rotate through all the clothes we have without being overwhelmed with all the shirts we have.

I also need to wash sheets and towels.  Laundry will be the focus of my day.

I will have the twins today.  After I drop off the boys to school I will run to Costco and Winco.  I need to get the things I need for my Thanksgiving contributions as well as regular food.  Also have one or two things to pick up at Walmart.

I will also be working on that meat juices stain in my carpet that I mentioned in my other thread.  I'm hoping some of you can help me out so I don't have to call a carpet cleaning company (but it might be inevitable).  It's smelling pretty bad so I've got to do something about it.  The bag was right up against the wall--is it possible that some of the juices went under the baseboard and into the drywall?  Will I have to pull off the baseboard and cut out drywall?

I want to work on my sewing area--getting it cleaned up and organized and prepared for Christmas sewing.  I'm going to be making some dress ups for Alex and Nathan.  They are very much into superheroes right now and I thought it would be fun to make some superhero capes and masks.  I've found some pretty simple patterns on Pinterest so I hope to get a couple sets made for presents.  I've been working on this room for a few days so it shouldn't take too long.

Hope you all have a good day.

Merilee

Offline auntotiti

• Charlotte Cait
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 08:32:44 AM »
Good morning,
Up early for me, but going to have Nolan later so I can get a few things done first.
I called to refill my bp meds and found out they switched me to 90 pills but only gave me 60 so I am down to my last one but they told me I had to see the pharmacy mgr...so that will be first on my list...pray she just gives me the rest.  First time ever with a mixup with meds...
We are going to son's for Thanksgiving...not one for change but guess I need to let them do things too...
We got the pellet stove fixed Sat so that is going...will shut off after a bit...sunny today.
Dinner is pizza casserole and green salad.
Wishing you all a blessed day.
Married to mybest friend Mike 38 yrs
Sons Josh and Phil
Two beautiful sweet daughters in love
Three adored grands
Malyna, Nolan, Charlotte

Offline Cathie

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 08:41:14 AM »
Beth ~ I missed Sis engaged --- congrats to you all  :-*

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 09:30:57 AM »
Thanks Cathie. I announced it on one of the dailies a week or two ago.

Sis has known Bo since sixth grade and they lost touch with each other after graduating high school and reconnected through Facebook a year or so ago.  He has a 2 year old daughter so along with a SIL, I'll be getting another granddaughter.  ;D

I think they're thinking of May 15 for the wedding but knowing my daughter, anything is possible. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't get married tomorrow. Expect the unexpected is my motto when dealing with her. She's one that's always kept me on my toes.  ;)

Bo just got word today that his discharge from the Marines was approved so he's headed back to base to sign the papers and do all the discharge stuff.  He served 6 years with 4 deployments to combat zones and was facing another deployment so he is very happy to have his discharge approved.  He said now he can grow a beard  ;D

Life is always changing, isn't it?

Beth
Beth in western NC
MIL to Bo

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 11:38:11 PM »
Beth I missed about the engagement as well. How exciting for you all and congrats to Sis for me  :)
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline Cathie

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 06:27:32 AM »
Thanks Cathie. I announced it on one of the dailies a week or two ago.

Sis has known Bo since sixth grade and they lost touch with each other after graduating high school and reconnected through Facebook a year or so ago.  He has a 2 year old daughter so along with a SIL, I'll be getting another granddaughter.  ;D

I think they're thinking of May 15 for the wedding but knowing my daughter, anything is possible. It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't get married tomorrow. Expect the unexpected is my motto when dealing with her. She's one that's always kept me on my toes.  ;)

Bo just got word today that his discharge from the Marines was approved so he's headed back to base to sign the papers and do all the discharge stuff.  He served 6 years with 4 deployments to combat zones and was facing another deployment so he is very happy to have his discharge approved.  He said now he can grow a beard  ;D

Life is always changing, isn't it?

Beth

Love this Beth  :-* :-*  I am so happy for her.  She deserves it!

I love how you describe it - expect the unexpected  ;) hahahahaha most definitely

I am so happy for you all.  How nice another Granddaughter - can't have enough of those  :-*