The Hearth > Managing a Household

Blog post by an experienced homemaker

<< < (2/3) > >>

mooremama:
Laura,

The three I have are actually my grandchildren.  My son and daughter are both grown but still live at home with their children so there's 7 of us living here.  :D  My daughter works 9 hour days at an eye doctor's office and my son works 12 hour nights for the Sheriff's Dept. as a deputy so the bulk of the kids care falls to me. 

Lainey just started kindergarten and the boys are 20 months and 6 months old. 

Yea.....kind of crazy around here.   :o  I love it though.

Beth

Leahsgarden:
Beth, I think you have an advantage of experiencing that babies outgrow this stage of life. It helps you enjoy it a little more. :)

mooremama:
Yes Leah.  It helps to be on the other side of child rearing and to know that in the blink of an eye...they're grown.  I would much rather have sleepless nights because of teething, ear aches, "boogie men" dreams, etc than wondering and worrying about where my children are, are they safe, who are they with, etc.  And that worrying about grown children never ends.  There are many nights I lay awake praying for Aaron's safety as he performs his duties as a Deputy.  We have a scanner so we can hear when he's responding to a shots fired call or when he's clearing a drug house or responding to a domestic violence call.   Teething is sooooo much easier.  ;)

Beth

Shelly:
That is a fantastic blog! I've bookmarked her.

Alana:
Great blog!  I cant wait to read more :). Thanks for the link!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version