Author Topic: Thursday, Feb. 9, 2017  (Read 827 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Thursday, Feb. 9, 2017
« on: February 09, 2017, 06:25:23 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, Feb. 9, 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 06:37:30 AM »
Happy Friday Eve!

I am finally trying to get going this morning.  I didn't sleep well until about 6 this morning.  So, I got about 2 hours of real sleep.  Hoping I can shake it off and get going.  Just moving slow right now. 

It is still quite cold here.  We are suppose to get some kind of minimal warm up starting tomorrow.  And by warm up I mean in the low 40's.   This is the time of year that I seem desperate for some kind of sun and warmth.  I guess that's why the 40's sound so promising! 

My day is nothing to write home about today.  General cleaning.  No big projects that I can think of.  I may need to run to the grocery store for a couple of things.  Nothing major, so it will be a quick run if I do go.  It could wait until tomorrow or Saturday though if I am not feeling like it.  And, since it is suppose to be quite cold today and a little less so tomorrow and Saturday, I may have just talked myself into waiting!

I need to make a list of what I need to pull together for my trip next week.  I need to bring a few things down for my son, and also get wedding planning notes in order to work with while there.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Would love to hear what everyone else has going on (or not going on)!

Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 07:38:59 AM »
Hi Pam and anyone else who joins in today.

It's kind of a slow day for me too. The days are just so much alike and the routine is happening faster and faster. Wake up, eat breakfast, go to work, come home, eat supper, watch tv, go to bed. Over and over again.

We're getting stuff ready and plans made for a little renovation project. That project is hired out but we have a couple of home projects and one is finding a dresser for hubby. Preference is a tall one not a wide one. Also, we prefer a used one from a resale store. Then a little bedroom rearranging and possibly then a closet renovation. I have my dresser and it took nearly 3 years of waiting to find it but eventually we did. We need to remove wallpaper from a bathroom and then paint it. We are not good with do-it-yourself projects so we'll need lots of help with how to paint walls. We also need a steamer to help get the wallpaper off more easily. Hubby then needs to take off all the caulk in the kitchen in the corner of the backsplash and counter and redo that. He said he is capable of doing these projects. We'll wash the backsplash before putting the new caulk down. Nothing has to be done in a hurry so we'll take our time and pump our construction guy for information if we need it. Kind of exciting. We might even decide to do something with the backyard flower garden area. Is there a way I can put a photo in to show what it looks like?

I don't have any idea what is for dinner and I won't have time to make anything since it is my volunteer night. But that's ok for once.

Alice

Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 09:33:51 AM »
Good morning!

Gloomy skies today.  Supposed to rain.  I hope it does.  :)

Not much happening.  I'm kind of in a "puttering" mode these days...just getting what done that needs to be done without wearing myself out.  Still battling a cold--I think I got another one.  I just don't bounce back as quick as I used to.

Going to work on ironing and the office today--it's a never ending project.  It's supposed to be pretty warm today so as long as it's not raining, I'm going to work outside a bit.  We have some fence sections that need to have the nails replaced with screws.  Also some fence boards are broken so I need to see how many we need to buy.  I'm also going to measure out where the garden will be.  Last August we cut down some huge trees in the backyard so we've essentially got a blank slate to work with.  Big plans for out there!  It might take a few years to get it all done though.  I really want to start with a garden.

Dinner tonight is tacos, spanish rice and refried beans.  I have really liked having my simplified menu this week.  I'm thinking I'm going to alternate between a simple meals week and a more involved week, since I do like to cook and bake.

Alice, your backyard looks great. What are you thinking you want to do?

Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 09:40:37 AM »
I either want to push it all back closer to the house and remove a lot of the lava rock (that is my preference) and maybe fill it all in with grass. I want to keep the stone foot path but sink it in so we can mow over it. I'd love some flower, bushes, that need little attention and that don't get too large just to pretty up the area. It looks fuller in the picture but looks a bit stingy now 3 years later. Not sure why.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats