Author Topic: Friday, March 13  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Cheryl

Friday, March 13
« on: March 13, 2015, 06:25:49 AM »
Good morning!

It's finally the weekend and we have warmer weather!  I'll take it! ;D

It has been one rainy week around here.  It has been so wet that Tony hasn't got to work all week long.  No work means no paycheck, but we'll be ok. 

Today I plan to get caught up on my laundry mountain.  I've put it off too long hoping for some sunshine to hang the laundry on the line, but it's not happening so I'll end up using the dryer.  Other than laundry, we have the usual school work to do and I need to think about our curriculum for next year.  We may change things up a bit.

Well I need to run and get Emily's oatmeal ready and start my cleaning.  Supper tonight is our usual Friday night pizza.  Hope you all have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Linda

Re: Friday, March 13
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 08:17:42 AM »
Cheryl, i would take some of your rain... you just tell it to come on to Kansas... lol.. Hope Tony get to work some next week.. Have a awesome weekend...

Good Morning, well we got all of the fence up yesterday except the gate...we were both to tired to keep going.. and today we are both sore.. i tell ya Aleve is my best friend today.
This weekend the boys Dad, and his wife Terrie will be here and our Step Grandson, so we will have a housefull, and i love it.It's kinda snug in a two bedroom house but that is okay... lots of love and lots of great memories to be made.
Lets see i have some laundry to do, and i need to go to the vets offiice and pick up Clover meds, then to Tsc to get Mr. Mouse his food... and i am also out of flax seed so i need to go and pick some of that up also... may just be a errand and walking day.
for dinner tonight the group is going to Perkins..
Linda

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 08:26:03 AM »
Good morning,
   It has been such perfect weather here this week. We have had sunshine, light breezes, highs in the 70s, just beautiful. We have worked outside most of the week. We have a few things planted. I cleaned the beds and got them prepped while Kevin tilled other areas of the garden. I planted the onions that we had left over from last year. They were sprouting, so why not. I will see how they do. I think I will go get some more onion sets in a bit. They were supposed to come in yesterday afternoon.
   Kevin is going to help me make another bed, only this one out of concrete. That will give me 3 beds. I plan on having a small garden this year. Have any of you ever planted your peppers, eggplant, or tomatoes in raised beds? Not sure if that will work, but I may try. I will stake the tomato. Trying some different things this year.
   Well, you all have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 08:34:56 AM »
Raining! I know we need it but it's not very motivating lol. Today's hubby's regular day off so we might watch a movie. Next week is spring break and hubby only home Wednesday to Friday so trying to figure out if we're doing anything it will have to be kinda cheap and withing a couple hours of us and there's a chance of rain :( so have to factor that in hmmm just not sure. Have a great day everyone!
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 11:04:12 AM »
Boring me. Same ol thing here.  It is windy today although it is still nice out. Just finished some outside chores and this hosue needs some attention. I am fixing to fix lunch. Shrimp scampi I think. friday fish day. I need to do some bookwork stuff that has to be done today. I am also getting ready to make some snack stuff. I am trying to watch what I eat but everyone else needs something. I got some stain so I am hoping to get my bed stain and polyurethaned in garage. I will have lane bring me up some saw horses.

have a great day
Janice

Count me in as sending rain our way. It is very dry and our lively hood depends on moisture.  With this warm weather the grass is greening up in pastures a little.  We desparately need rain.  Our area though we could still have snow. ugh Plus it is getting time to plant spring crops.  Lots of money is tied up in the ground and you must have Faith in the Lord that he will provide and he does! Where would we be without an awesome God!

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 12:30:21 PM »
We are in the same boat as Cheryl and Norma. Rain, rain and more rain.  It is not supposed to stop until sometime Saturday, so we are in a muddy mess right now.  I love spring, but I think the constant mud in March and April would be my least favorite part.  It is supposed to be so warm Sunday and Monday, but most likely to muddy to get outside much.

Plans for today would be start working on my closet.  What a mess!  It is where everything ends up.  We'll see how far I get on that.  Yesterday, I was just sitting here helping Alex with his Spelling and all of the sudden I have a horrible pain in my eye.  Noah had launched one of those big rubber bands from only about 2 feet away directly into my eye.  Well today it still hurts a bit and when I go into a room that isn't well lit, I have this big white spot in my vision.  I hope it is something temporary.

Winona, I have planted peppers and tomatoes in raised beds both in the greenhouse and outdoors.  They did very well. :)  I just made sure the dirt was 12-18 inches deep.  Egglplant, no clue.  Reminds me, I have squash that look like it may be time to pick.  How do you tell when to pick it and what do you do with fresh squash?

Janice, you have me craving shrimp now.  Don't you just love the sauce that goes with it? :)

Cheryl, hope it dries up quickly so Tony can get back to work. :)

Kids are just finishing up lunch, so just a little bit more computer time for me.

Blessings,
Lindsay