Author Topic: Wednesday, December 30th, 2015  (Read 1297 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Wednesday, December 30th, 2015
« on: December 30, 2015, 06:00:51 AM »
Good morning!

Sitting here enjoying my coffee, while looking up paycheck exact amounts and entering them into Every Dollar.  I think I'm going to like Every Dollar...using the free version for now though I may upgrade at some point.

Got the kids' dental appointments done yesterday, whew!  I hate that, but it needs doing.  We made it 14 years with no cavities, but at last visit two kids had cavities that they felt needed filling.  We decided to try natural methods to "heal" them first (Dr. Ellie has good info on her site) but I think we're not consistent enough.  One child is about the same; the other child had a cavity that had worsened, so I bit the bullet and made appointments for fillings.  :(

Though it wasn't warm yesterday, mid 30's, the sun shone brightly and melted a lot of the gunk.  Planning to hike today, up a small mountain I've never been up, but we decided to wait till 10 to let it warm up a bit since today's high is forecast to be 38 but we don't usually reach that till 5 PM.  I am in desperate need of the exercise...feeling like a big lazy blob after the past few days of eating and sitting around.  Never thought I'd be the type to crave exercise, but here I am.  :)

I have a load of laundry to fold before leaving.  Dinner tonight will be baked steak.  We ended up having leftovers last night.  Baked steak should be good over mashed potatoes....mmm.

Erica, hope you're healing well.
Janice, not sure exactly when you're leaving but have a great time on your trip!

Have a great Wednesday!
Catherine

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Wednesday, December 30th, 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 06:08:29 AM »
Good Morning Catherine and all who follow!

I am off to my weight watchers meeting shortly.  It is not going to be a pretty weigh in since I have been doing a lot of sitting, and indulging in things I usually leave alone. (potato chips, peanut clusters, and on and on!!)  I need to get a handle on it again. I am giving myself until the end of the week, and then hitting it hard.  I will walk with my friend today, so at least I will have that going for me!

Other than ww and walking, I am unsure of what my day holds.  I may stop at aldi on my way home to grab a few things.  I also want to get to Michael's for a couple of storage baskets for the bathroom.  We will see how I am feeling about shopping later!

Catherine: enjoy your hike!  Stay warm! 
Erica: hope you are healing nicely.
Everyone have an amazing day!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 09:08:04 AM »
Good morning!

It's a beautiful day outside though it is cold!

Yesterday's work went well.  I got more done on my bedroom and a few other things done.

Have you heard of Signing Time!?  I am the ASL consultant for their film projects.  I am currently working on a new project called Sign It!  It's similar in format to Signing Time! but geared more toward teenagers/college students.  I found out yesterday that the next shoot is next week (Jan 4-9) instead of Jan 11-15 like I was originally told.  So I want to spend time over the next few days doing advance preparation for dinners.  I have my menu ready and my shopping list made.

Today the bulk of my day will be spent shopping and doing errands.  I will buy the food I need for the week's meals as well as our New Year's Eve appetizer dinner tomorrow.  I just looked at my shopping list and for Winco, the list of spices/herbs I need is longer than the food list.   ;D  I love shopping at Winco for their bulk foods.  I also have some Christmas returns, some regular returns and a load of stuff to drop off at the Deseret Industries.  I will also stop at the bank.  I think that's everything I need to do out and about.

Other stuff I will do today:  put away the laundry I finished yesterday and wash towels and sheets.  The beds will be remade after the sheets get washed.  I'm having everyone help pick up the house.  I'm going to start putting away Christmas decor since I will be working next week.

I also need to go over the vocabulary list for the Sign It! project and send it to my collaborators so we are all on the same page for how we're going to sign words and sentences. 

Hope you all have a good day.  Stay safe, warm and well!

Merilee

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 11:01:28 AM »
Thank you ladies for the well wishes!  I am feeling ok.  Sore and bloated.  I guess they pump the belly full of carbon dioxide for the surgery so that they can see and maneuver the machine and they get out as much as they can but the rest just has to gradually go away.  I feel like a cylinder right now... kinda round in the belly area.

Not much happening here today.  I am deciding whether to take the pain medicine or just take an Advil.  I hate the way the pain meds make me feel.  I wish I had ordered my new planner sooner.  I could have worked on it.  I think I will watch movies, read and maybe color in the grown up person coloring book.  ;)

Dinner tonight.. not sure.  It was supposed to be a chicken bacon crockpot chowder but I don't think I have it in me to get it in the crockpot.  I'll see what kind of casserole I can make.  Seems easier for some reason.

Hope everyone has a Happy Wednesday.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 11:56:10 AM »
Good Afternoon!

Merilee: Your work with Sign It! sounds so cool!  I'm super-impressed.

Erica: Glad you're up and about a bit!  Has your diet been restricted since the surgery?  My trainer had her gallbladder removed a few months ago and she had to work her way back up to normal foods (heck, she had to work back up to solid foods) for a few weeks after the procedure.

Pam: You and me both on the eating/moving thing!  I did stick with tracking in my Lose It! app, and I did continue going to classes at the gym, but I was a little more lenient on snacking and went over my allotted calories, for sure.  We had my church girlfriends here on the 19th, were out visiting my Nana on the 20th, had friends staying with us the 21st, and hosted a party on Christmas Eve, plus two family get-togethers, which of course all entailed LOTS of eating!

Catherine: Huh...I didn't think there were any mountains left that you hadn't climbed!  Again, I'm super-impressed.

It's been a weird, lazy, and productive day all at the same time!  I woke up in time to go to yoga class, but got busy doing something else and decided not to go, so I took my coffee back to bed and snuggled with Jean and the pups instead! 

Since getting up we've had breakfast and lunch, both attempts to clear out some more of the fridge ;).  We also learned that while we will be meeting up with our NYC friends on their way back home, they won't be staying with us overnight again, so I was able to finish cleaning up and clearing out (sheets off of the guest bed, Pack & Play back in the box, etc).  Jean has also been hard at work finishing out basement, and he's at the point where we're having discussions about finishes and details. It's really coming together, and I'm so excited!  I'm so thankful to have a renovation professional living in-house ;D.

I would like to continue to declutter and clean so we can start fresh for the new year, but we're in pretty good shape...I think ;D

Dinner tonight is the skillet lasagna that we didn't eat last night.

Have a great rest of the day, ladies!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 02:19:09 PM »
Mandy - nope, no restrictions  ;D  Its pretty nice to eat and have it not make me feel awful.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 08:08:52 PM »
Good morning!

It's a beautiful day outside though it is cold!

Yesterday's work went well.  I got more done on my bedroom and a few other things done.

Have you heard of Signing Time!?  I am the ASL consultant for their film projects.  I am currently working on a new project called Sign It!  It's similar in format to Signing Time! but geared more toward teenagers/college students.  I found out yesterday that the next shoot is next week (Jan 4-9) instead of Jan 11-15 like I was originally told.  So I want to spend time over the next few days doing advance preparation for dinners.  I have my menu ready and my shopping list made.

Today the bulk of my day will be spent shopping and doing errands.  I will buy the food I need for the week's meals as well as our New Year's Eve appetizer dinner tomorrow.  I just looked at my shopping list and for Winco, the list of spices/herbs I need is longer than the food list.   ;D  I love shopping at Winco for their bulk foods.  I also have some Christmas returns, some regular returns and a load of stuff to drop off at the Deseret Industries.  I will also stop at the bank.  I think that's everything I need to do out and about.

Other stuff I will do today:  put away the laundry I finished yesterday and wash towels and sheets.  The beds will be remade after the sheets get washed.  I'm having everyone help pick up the house.  I'm going to start putting away Christmas decor since I will be working next week.

I also need to go over the vocabulary list for the Sign It! project and send it to my collaborators so we are all on the same page for how we're going to sign words and sentences. 

Hope you all have a good day.  Stay safe, warm and well!

Merilee

Yes!  My kids had some of the videos when younger.  We taught them all a bit of sign language as babies and on up so they could communicate with us effectively before they learned to speak.