Author Topic: Thurs. Dec. 8, 2016  (Read 895 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Thurs. Dec. 8, 2016
« on: December 08, 2016, 07:03:52 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Winter has arrived! I went to work with no snow and an hour later it is snowing like crazy and accumulating. It will be an interesting two days.

I have my volunteer work tonight but I don't want to go out in the snowy dark night! I will go.

Merilee, we did have a variation on your enchiladas last night. I did both beef and chicken enchiladas in two separate pans. I did that because we needed dinner for tonight also so two kinds would do the trick. I used corn tortillas since that is what I had. I had some ground beef thawed but frozen chicken so I used my pressure cooker to quickly cook the chicken while I assembled the beef ones, then I moved on to the chicken ones. They were really good.

My fridge is now pretty much empty. I didn't want to go get groceries and I might not.  Money will be very tight for a while and I do have milk in the freezer as well as a lot of other stuff. I just don't have fresh stuff but maybe we will just get by with freezer. I have a partial dozen eggs and part of a head of lettuce and carrots and lots of frozen berries so that should be OK.

Have a great Thursday!
Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Thurs. Dec. 8, 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 08:55:10 AM »
Good morning!

Alice, isn't that the great thing about a lot of recipes--you can take the basic one and add a little here and change a little there and still have something delicious!  I actually typed out the recipe from memory because I can't find the card, and while I was making it, realized that I needed to make some adjustments.  So for anyone who saw the recipe, I edited it to make it 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and 2 cans of chilies.  And of course you can use as much cheese as you want.  ;D

Today I will spend the morning at home.  I am babysitting at noon so I'll just work around the house till then.  I am picking up my daughter after school to take her to open a bank account. Tonight is our ward (church congregation) leaders dinner so DH and I will go to that and the kids can enjoy a Christmas movie. 

I'm just going to work on things around the house and get some Christmas stuff ordered.  I love Amazon Prime!  ;D

Merilee

Edited to add:  Todays' #LightTheWorld:  Jesus prayed for others.  So can we.  We can pray for those who are struggling, who are sick, who have big decisions to make.  We can return thanks for the Lord's blessings in our lives.  We can ask how we can be a light to others.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 10:09:56 AM by 4kidsmom »

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 10:43:16 AM »
Good Afternoon Ladies!

I had a busy day and evening yesterday. Went to weight watchers, and then walked and lunched with my friend. After, I ran a couple of errands and headed down (about an hour away) to my HS bf's house. 
We did a little shopping, and then grabbed dinner. 
Then, we watched Hairspray Live. I thought it was OK, but really it was more about just taking time to spend together, and we had a blast together!

The snow is coming in good now. I left early enough that I outran the worst of it I think. The roads were pretty clear. Just quite windy, and some moments of low visibility.  I am hoping that it isn't nearly as bad as they keep predicting. There have been some bad accidents a bit east of us, but I really can't figure out what all the hoopla is about as of yet.
I do have bread, milk & eggs, so we are all good for days!  ;)

So, for today. I am working on all the things I said I was working on last time I was here!  ::) I did a little bit of that list, but still have plenty of work to do on them yet.
May start a little laundry. (maybe not). We will see which direction I go in.

Hope everyone stays warm, and has a great day!
Thanks Merilee for continuing to be a light to us!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 04:25:10 PM »
Hi ladies. I haven't been here in a while. I had my day mapped out with gift wrapping and relaxing. Neither happened. I suffer greatly from depression, etc. Today my anxiety is through the roof. My heart rate is all sorts of wacky. If you think of me, I'd appreciate a prayer! Thanks!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 06:10:02 PM »
We've missed you Bobbie.

Will lift you up in prayer. Hope you can find some relief for your anxiety!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 11:47:21 AM »
Hi ladies. I haven't been here in a while. I had my day mapped out with gift wrapping and relaxing. Neither happened. I suffer greatly from depression, etc. Today my anxiety is through the roof. My heart rate is all sorts of wacky. If you think of me, I'd appreciate a prayer! Thanks!

Good to hear from you Bobbie! :)  Stop by and chat with us any time you can! :)  Our group has been dwindling lately and there are barely enough of us to carry on a conversation anymore. :P