Author Topic: Friday, October 10, 2014  (Read 1256 times)

Offline wrancher

Friday, October 10, 2014
« on: October 10, 2014, 06:19:17 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Friday, October 10, 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 06:31:28 AM »
I thought I had an orthodontist appt for son today but I never recieved the email or phone call confirming and I think I forgot to take this off as they scheduled him last month to be on other kids schedule. I will call at 7:30 but I am sure that is what happened. I was actually looking forward to going but I do need stay and help get things ready for winter. I am hoping we are doing cattle work this weekend. We have no other time. I think I will go row more bales and if I can get someone for just a little while we will load bales. Pry wont happen though as I need the batteries changed and the racks strapped on.  Megan comes home from college till Tuesday I think. It will be nice to have some help on Monday when kids go back to school. So unfortunately just the routines of the house, dishes, laundry,straightening and fixing lunch supper. I need bookwork time again but not sure when to make time for it. Enjoying the quiet of the house before the madness hits. Kinda nice to sleep in a little bit when you get the chance.

Quiet coffee time...

Janice

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 06:32:20 AM »
Good morning, Janice & everyone!

I have a busy day ahead.  I've fed all the animals, started the laundry, and am now having my coffee before getting busy.

I have to take Emily to my mother's, about 45 minutes away, to spend the weekend.  Of course she doesn't want to go without her kitten, so I have to put him in a carrier, pack his formula, bottles, the amoxicillin he's taking for his upper respiratory infection, and some toys. :D 

I need to strip both beds and wash sheets and comforters.  I still need to finish up the last of the peppers from the garden, do some straightening up around the kitchen, and dust everywhere.  My front porch could also use a good sweeping.  We have two huge trees in our front yard and leaves are constantly blowing up on the porch.

I think my husband and I are going to slip off tomorrow for a rare day to ourselves.  Emily will be gone until Sunday and Tony is off work, so he mentioned maybe riding up to Tennessee.  I need to get the cooler out and wash it so I can pack our food.

Well, I'm going to read the boards while drinking my coffee, then it's time to get busy.  Have a great day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 06:48:13 AM »
Good morning! 

I am getting the house ready b/c our oldest daughter Megan and 2 grandchildren are driving from TN tomorrow to spend the week with us!  I didn't make it to the grocery yesterday so I will have to do that today.

I went to Goodwill yesterday and found a like new copy of The Tightwad Gazette for $1.49!  I was excited as i've heard of it for years!  Also a great 9" cast iron skillet ($5.49), a new with tags long sleeved shirt ($4.49) & a new oil rubbed bronze round hand towel holder ($1.99) for my bathroom upstairs! 

My coffee cup is empty so I better get my day going, take care everyone!

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 06:48:48 AM by luv2bmom »
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 07:29:41 AM »
Good morning!

Maddy and Earl are long gone, but the kids and I are getting ready to start their drop-off rounds.  My plan after that is to come home and do my Bible study homework, than weight training, then work around this house.  I have been hiking twice this week and plan to go tomorrow, so need to get housework done at some point.  Tomorrow, I am taking a lady from church who is just in town for 6 weeks doing a rotation for her PA school at the Indian Hospital (I know that's not a PC term but that is what it is called here).  She is from Maine and loves to hike, so I'll show her a couple of our trails and very different scenery.  I'm a little bit of a scaredy cat when it comes to leading hikes due to the leader being the snake/bison/longhorn spotter, so praying we don't have any scary events.  :)

Our weather is only going to be in the 70's today, and a high of 64 tomorrow!  Hallelujah!  Warming back up to 80's some after that but 80's are doable.

Pixie, great buy on the book.  I get mine out every so often and reread for inspiration.  Wish I had known about it when I was first married.

Cheryl, enjoy your couple time this weekend.

Janice, enjoy your time with Megan.

Catherine

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 10:15:09 AM »
Good morning, ladies!

Its another hot day here.  Supposed to be in the 90's again but next week its supposed to be in the 70's.  That is good news!   :D 

Today, I have some household chores to do, dinner to get in the crockpot (potato, leek soup), the gym and this afternoon I am going to the christian bookstore at the outlet mall.  They are having a big sale so I want to go and see what they have. 

Hope you all have great days on your homesteads!

Offline Rooney

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 11:55:45 AM »
Is it Friday again???!! :o

Around here, Friday is catch-up day.  The day when I catch-up on cleaning, laundry, ironing and anything else that I don't want to have to do a lot of over the weekend.  We have been spending the weekends doing the bigger projects that need to be done, and not the everyday stuff.  Besides, when Steve is home, I like to have that time with him and the kids instead of my washing machine and cleaning supplies! ;)  As for the weekend......hmmm....I think Steve said we were going to be out in the greenhouse quite a bit.  We are really geared on getting our grocery bill down and those fresh salads several times a day really help.  He said he needs to hang a row of grow lights from the front to the back.  Losing lots of that sunlight going into the fall.  Lots of work going on around here to get ready for winter as well.  There is the gigantic pile of firewood out behind the house that I refer to every year as "that cotton-pickin mess out back" that still has to be cut and stacked.  It really is quite a mountain of wood.  May snap a picture and post later on.  Also we are getting more of the fish tanks built and running out there.  The fish are getting big and they are so funny to watch at feeding time.  Steve bangs on the side of the tank and they all come over to the side, look up and wait for the food. :) 

Cheryl, so excited for you.  Getting to spend the weekend with your hubby..... and in beautiful Tennessee!!  Have fun!

Catherine, I sure hope Maddy is feeling better today.  Praying she is.

Well, once again it took me over an hour to post this.  Around here there is no such thing as uninterrupted computer time.  I'll take what I get though, because I really enjoy "talking" with you girls each day.

Have a good one,
Lindsay

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 12:06:02 PM by Rooney »

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 12:28:26 PM »
Is it Friday again???!! :o

Catherine, I sure hope Maddy is feeling better today.  Praying she is.

Well, once again it took me over an hour to post this.  Around here there is no such thing as uninterrupted computer time.  I'll take what I get though, because I really enjoy "talking" with you girls each day.

Have a good one,
Lindsay

Yes, she is, thanks for asking!