Author Topic: Saturday, Janary 30, 2016  (Read 1003 times)

Offline wrancher

Saturday, Janary 30, 2016
« on: January 30, 2016, 05:49:08 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Saturday, Janary 30, 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 05:57:03 AM »
Up early to get somethings accomplished before I head to town to take tickets. Then I will go to my mothers for the reunion with friends. I made a pasta salad and will take in some biscotti.  I should be home late afternoon. Then I will make the 2 pies I need for church dinner.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 06:06:53 AM »
I've been working on my menu for next month and got that posted, and now I'm about to start doing laundry.  It's supposed to be warm today, so I'll hang it on the line to dry.  After that I plan on getting my big deep freezer cleaned out and somewhat organized.  It's been so cold in the laundry room where we keep the freezer that I've been putting it off, but today's the day.  I also need to clean out the spare refrigerator and maybe unplug it.  We've noticed an increase on the power bill and I think the refrigerator is using more electricity than we first thought.

Well, I need to start breakfast and see what damage I can do around here today. :)  Talk to you all later.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 06:38:57 AM »
Good morning! 

Awake far too early this morning.  Feeling yuck still.  I'd love to stay home but I am the second adult on our service project this morning (for scouting) so I kinda have to be there.  We're taking the girls down to the Salvation Army to work for four hours.

I'm thinking when I come home I will be ready for a nap.  Still haven't finished that menu plan I've been attempting the past few days.  No concentration.  Must be all the congestion.  ;)

Dinner tonight is supposed to be steaks and baked potatoes, but am trying to think of something simpler.  :/  We'll see what I come up with.

Catherine

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 07:18:49 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

Catherine: hope you start to feel better, and that a nap helps you later.

I need to jump into the shower and get myself together.  Nothing spectacular happening around here, but it is suppose to be sunny and around 40 degrees, so I am happy about that!

I wanted to color my hair this morning, but I got a haircut yesterday, and she puts a lot of product in my hair when she styles it, so I think I had better wash all of that out, and do the color later tonight, or even tomorrow afternoon. 

Hubby and I will head out this afternoon for a walk in a nearby park.  There is a covered bridge there, so I want to try to get some winter pictures of that.  I made a photo calendar for Christmas gifts of some of my nature photos last year.  I need to make sure I get a few shots yet this winter for the winter months for next year's calendar.  I guess that can count of working on Christmas gifts! Maybe I'm not as far behind as I thought! LOL!! 

Guess I had better get to it before I get too caught up in this Law & Order marathon!  (Something I have experienced several times in the past!!)

Have a great day ladies!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 02:46:00 PM »
Good afternoon.

We just got back from meeting the owners of our rental house for the walk though and key turn in.  All went well and they already gave us a check for the return of our deposits.  They are such wonderful people.  I'll miss conversing with them but we plan to keep in touch. We told them the new tenants can call us any time if they need anything.  (the owners live 4 hours away)

We are waiting on a plumber to get here.  Woke up to no hot water.  The water heater has a bad thermo coupler.  He had to run and get a part and will be back to fix it.  Guess we can't call the landlord anymore, lol.

In a couple hours, we are going to run to Home Depot to get a couple things, go out for an early dinner and then we are going to the Big Daddy Weave concert at our church.  We need to get in line early though. The bottom floor area is going to be standing room only.  I need to get there so we can go up and get a seat, lol.  I'm too old for that standing room only stuff.   ;)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 05:26:59 PM »
Good evening ladies,
   It has been a sad and happy day today. We lost another male resident. That is sad, but he was a strong Christian man and was in so much pain from prostate cancer. Now he is in no more pain and is reunited with his beloved. That is happy. I got a chance to talk to his daughter. She was crying, but also relieved.  :(
   It was a gorgeous day today. It got up to about 60* with light winds, just beautiful! That is all going to change, though. I can't really tell when or what we will get because each station predicts something different.  ::) So starting Monday we should get either rain or freezing rain turning to snow. We may get just a couple of inches of snow on Tues. or we may have blizzard conditions and get several inches. So more than likely I will be going to stay with Ron again on Monday. He already sent me a message asking what we needed as he was going to get groceries. LOL I think my baby brother is looking forward to me being there.  ;) LOL My husband is dreading it.  :'( Too bad I can't be in 2 places at once. LOL  :)
   I will take my crocheting and my hexies to work on. I work Wed thru Fri. So if all goes well and I can get in our road, I will be home on Friday afternoon.  ;D I have a special meeting of care partners to attend on Wed. at 2 and then work at 4:30. I am hoping they will just let me stay on the clock after the meeting. I asked our charge nurse today what it was all about, but she didn't know. I guess I will find out.  ???
   I hope you all have a blessed Sunday. Talk to you later and remember, I will be disappearing for a few days again. I am hating this winter.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie