Author Topic: Tuesday, February 2nd, 2016  (Read 971 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Tuesday, February 2nd, 2016
« on: February 02, 2016, 06:03:58 AM »
Good morning!

This bug is something else.  Feels like it is almost gone, then worsens again.  So ready to be done.  Hiked with an accupuncturist yesterday who was saying she's been seeing something dragging on for up to 4 weeks.  Hoping that is not what I have.  :P

Today is one of those jam packed days...my mind dreads those, though it generally turns out fine.  Monthly trash pick-up out at the Refuge, followed by lunch out with the group.  Hoping to fit in a hair cut this afternoon before picking the kids up from school.  I just go to a Super Cuts so no appointment needed.  We need to leave about 5:45 this evening to drop the boys off at my friend's house.  Her son and husband kindly offered to entertain the boys during our scout meeting with Earl gone.  The boys love going there and playing with their massive LEGO collection.  After that, we have scout meeting, and at some point will need to pick up Mallory from her out of town academic meet.  This is the regionals, being held about 2 hours from here.

I've got a load of old towels/cleaning cloths washing, and will switch over this afternoon when I pop in.  Probably not that much else will get done today around here, and it will have to do.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Tuesday, February 2nd, 2016
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 07:26:54 AM »
Good morning!

Yesterday was a tough day.  I must have been exhausted from a busy weekend (though it didn't seem that busy to me) because I was tired all day and just couldn't find the motivation to do ANYTHING.  I kept feeling like I wanted to nap (and I did, several times), and just generally felt blah.

I had a good night's sleep and am feeling back to my normal self today.  There's lots to do to catch up.  At the very least, I need to tidy the house, do laundry, pay bills, and balance the checkbook.  I have some church work I need to get started on.  I want to transfer my Christmas ornament pictures to the computer so I can start sorting and editing.  The van needs to be cleaned out and some stuff needs to be brought in from the garage.  I am planning a refresh of my kitchen and want to start deep cleaning.  So I'll do at least one cupboard today and hopefully 2. 

I will have the twins today, football carpool and tonight Christie has a "farewell" concert.  Her choir group is going to a music educators' convention in a city about 5 hours away.  They'll leave Friday morning and be back Sunday.  So they're going to perform for the families tonight. Unfortunately that means Alex will have to miss soccer practice.

Dinner tonight will be pork chops, onion roasted red potatoes, green beans and fruit.

Hope you all have a great day!

Merilee

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 08:53:42 AM »
Good Morning Ladies:
Hope everyone is feeling good today. 

Catherine: Hope that bugs gets out soon.  Did the acupuncturist have her needles with her? Couldn't she stick you here & there to get that thing out of you sooner???? LOL!!  Did she give you any advice, or just say wait it out?

Merilee: Glad you are feeling back to yourself!

I had a doctor's appointment this morning.  Just a check up with pap and such.  It was kind of a big deal for me, because I just don't go to the doctor.  I have such an aversion. Fear I guess. They call it white coat syndrome, and I have it bad.  I usually pass out in doctor's offices (when the appointment is for me) no matter what the reason I am there for. (even happened at the chiropractor the first time I went there!)   It was a huge step for me to actually go to the appointment and not cancel it.  Terrible thing is that the last time I remember having this type of appointment was my 6 week check up after my youngest was born. (He is 19!!)  Such risky behavior on my part, I know.  Now that I am 50 I feel like I have to be more proactive with my health, even though I should have been all of these years.  This is a new doctor to me, and I actually feel quite comfortable with her.  I was honest about my history, and she didn't even fall off her stool in shock!  LOL!    I appreciated her for that!

So, the rest of my day will be finishing up laundry that I started yesterday.  I also have all the paperwork I need, so I will probably try to get his taxes done today.  That should only take a few hours if I am focused on it.

Not sure what else I will be working on, but I have such a sense of relief for what I have already done!!

Chicken Tortilla soup for dinner tonight.  Maybe some cornbread to go with it since we don't have any tortilla chips right now.

Everyone have a great day!!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 09:19:33 AM »
Good morning

Looks like we will miss the blizzards. Thank heavens. We woke up to some snow though. Lane has a game about 1 1/2 hrs from here. Hoping Ross will go to it as he will be close as he is going to a rodeo. I will stay home with other kids. We will do some packing for an overnight trip Wednesday. Lane has appointment at 8 our time at a pediatric endocrinologist. Hope to get some answers. Then Ashley's state play is that night at 6:30 and we will head out after that. Hope to be home at midnight. So extra stuff to get done for bring gone 1 night. As always bookwork. Making headway!  I need to call and see what time appointment is for lanes echocardiogram. I dont know where I wrote that down at. Ugh. Servants are going better get outside. 

Offline Linda G.

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 09:22:15 AM »
Good Morning...  You all are busy busy.

Very quite day here.. the weather folks missed our snow forecast  but got the rain forecast right, and the rain is much appreciated and needed. it was almost 50 when i got up, but the cold wind is starting to blow and its getting dark out so a return to some cold day now.
Gary and Nick are both sleeping so since i have to be quite i will if i can get motivated start dusting the upstairs... once i get started i am all for it, but getting started is the hard part.lol
Hope you all have a great day...

Catherine- get to feeling better and don't overdue it today

Merilee- glad you got some rest, maybe your body was fighting something and it just needed some extra rest.

Pam- i totally understand you ordeal with doctors... i have had two botched up surgeries and i just panic at the thought of even going to a doctor... glad you did get yourself checked out...

Offline Linda G.

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 09:23:15 AM »
 Janice-must having been typing while you were posting.. have a wonderful day.

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 09:33:24 AM »
Good morning ladies. Thought I better get on here before I can't again lol.

It was -10 here this morning so pretty frosty. I walked over to the bus this morning so bundled up to keep warm. Sis I was chuckling when I read about you planting in your garden the other day. Grounds frozen solid here and covered with snow and ice  ;D

I'm trying to get motivated to do something today too but my mind and body is saying go lay down and have a nap. Lets see who wins  ;)

Have a great day my friends!
Laurie
Many hands make light work

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 09:34:40 AM »
Good morning.

I am having some coffee and getting ready to leave for a hair appointment.  We still have no hot water so I am just happy that my hail will get washed.  ;)  I'll get some coffee on the way and take a book to read while the color sets.

Going to stop at the library on the way home to pick up a book on hold.  I wish I could say that I enjoyed going there but i don't.  Its a beautiful library but our city has a terrible drug and transient problem and they hang out at public places such as the library and it makes you feel unsafe.  So, I run in and right back out to my car.  Its a shame really.. many families don't take their kids because they don't feel safe.

We're hoping to hear about our water heater today.  Since we just closed escrow 2 weeks ago, the home warranty is such a new account that they are having trouble getting things authorized.  They may possibly have to replace the water heater so I am trying to be patient so that we get the best possible solution but I am getting tired of boiling water.  Things just don't seem clean when there is no hot water either so I boil water and then use it to wash some dishes and clean the sink.  I always thought I would love being a pioneer woman but I am rethinking that, lol.

Dinner tonight is chicken spaghetti and salad.

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 11:25:25 AM »
Good afternoon,
   Well, they were finally right about the snow missing us and getting lots of rain and wind. The wind blew awful all night and I could hear rain pounding on the window and tin roof.  :( It is 54* here right now, so not much chance of snow. LOL They had everyone in our area all  hyped up about a blizzard and we didn't even get a flake. LOL
    Not doing much today since I work the next 3 days. I figured I'd better rest. LOL I am thinking about sitting in my chair and reading a book on my Kindle. That sounds like a nice relaxing activity. I have already talked to mom, so that is out of the way. I need to go turn out the chickens and ducks. If I don't wait till after lunch, I have a couple of onery hens who lay in other places rather than the next box I prefer.  :( I don't even have a light on them and I am still getting 2-4 eggs a day out of 6 hens. Pretty good. Still no eggs from those lazy ducks. Of course, having 3 drakes to 2 hens might be the reason they aren't laying. I might have to do something about that this spring.  :-\
   You all have a great day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie