Author Topic: Tuesday, May 26, 2015  (Read 1049 times)

Offline wrancher

Tuesday, May 26, 2015
« on: May 26, 2015, 08:49:18 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Tuesday, May 26, 2015
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 08:56:49 AM »
Well a beautiful day. Although Ross and whole crew off branding. So my day entails all the normal stuff along with get ready for our branding tomorrow.  I need to run to town for propane and vaccine and supplies.  Home to mow yard, clean garage and make food. You know clean house (floors are horrible ) and laundry, chickens, etc.  we sold another car this weekend! Yes!  If I ever get time to clean 2 jeeps I want them gone! Getting things ready for ross sisters wedding Saturday.  I need to wrap gifts. I will post pics of presents I made.  Better go do some bookwork before I go to town.  Put out flowers on graves this weekend.  I am not sure how long to leave them before they take them off maybe Thursday or Friday

Coffee...
Januce

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 09:18:44 AM »
Good morning Janice. Been a long weekend here with all the rain and the l as ke going up. We drove out Saturday night and the last campgrounds that were open were being evacuated bc water was reaching g the parking lot. It's come up alot more since then but can only see the workers photos bc were not allowed close as anymore, they evacuated alot of roads and houses around the lake too all the way up to about 6 blocks from us so we packed our bags just incase it goes beyond their permits bc they are only estimating it hasn't been this high in 25 years. There are rumors of them blasting the 2nd damn but no official posts yet. On top of water we had tornados last night so spent some time underground. Luckily it missed us but turned over some mobile homes in next town over and tore up roofs and cell towers.
   I have had some horrific pain in my left jaw for the last week and not sure what it's from. Been taking lots of Ibprophen and Tylenol with codeine, it's not as bad this morning so I hope whatever it is is going away. I need to go to the Dr but don't want to take 4 kids with me and won't leave them here with the water damn situation that's going on. Going to get off here and finish coffee the chores have a great day.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 09:21:57 AM by fishermanwife »
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 04:09:11 PM »
Good afternoon, y'all,

Popped in earlier but didn't stay on long; we decided to clean out our garage today.  Just wrapped up and Earl was going to take the stuff we're getting rid of to the dump, but then called and realized they close at 5, not 5:30.  We didn't have trash pickup yesterday with the holiday, so were hoping to get the stuff gone but now it will have to wait till tomorrow.

Norma, this rain and flooding has been insane, huh?  I was trying to remember if it's Lake Texoma you're near, or Murray?  Or neither of those?  The east side of our town was cut off from the west side all day Sunday due to flooding.  People were driving about an hour going south or north to get around the flooded areas and get home.  A friend with five kiddos had her house flooded out and are looking for a place to live.  Another friend lives in town but has some land outside of town; they have a trailer on that to just go out and visit and work on it and the trailer flooded.  Unfortunately, she was storing some family heirloom stuff out there.  They were hoping to get some out today and see what can be saved before this next round of rain hits.  Guess all our prayers for rain weren't quite specific enough...6 months' worth in 3 weeks is a little crazy!  However, we are just about out of drought after being in it 6 or 7 years.  The lake our water has been pumped from has gone from 27% full to 96% full as of this afternoon.  Most of the other lakes are overfull at this point except way west, and even those have made substantial progress.

Dinner tonight, yeah, well, it's 50 cent corn dogs from Sonic.  I made a home-cooked lunch so am cheating tonight for our "staycation" which has been more like a "workation", lol.

Have a good evening!

Catherine

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 05:38:49 PM »
I'm at lake wister state park and this weather is insane! Just got back on here to see if you had posted bc I saw there was more bad weather about where I thought you lived lol I c as nt remember. Anyways stay safe!
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.