Author Topic: Tuesday, May 30, 2017  (Read 1224 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Tuesday, May 30, 2017
« on: May 30, 2017, 07:18:54 AM »
Good Morning!!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, May 30, 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 07:29:29 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

Hope everyone had a restful and relaxing weekend. 

We had an amazing time on the Island.  It was so nice to spend some down time together.  Hubs didn't have to do much for work, so it really was a laid back and relaxing weekend.  We got on the road around 10:45 in the morning yesterday.  We missed most of the holiday traffic, and when we did come up to a long back up, we were able to get off the expressway and take a back way the rest of the way home.  It may have taken a little longer, but we had no idea how long we would have ended up sitting in a dead stop, and we knew there was some construction up ahead as well, so at least we were moving the rest of the way!

Now I have a lot of catching up to do here at home!  Son and fiancee are arriving around noon tomorrow.  Lots to do to prep for their arrival!  I had a scheduled list of to do's, and then they decided to arrive a day day early!  LOL! So much for my plan, but so happy to have them here an extra day!  I'm sure a lot of what I am thinking needs to be done won't even be noticed by them, so I am trying to be a little less worried about it!  I do have to go get groceries today though!  We are out of milk, will need more eggs with them here, and we will need bread as well.  Not sure how much cooking I will be doing, but I want to make sure I am prepared so I don't have to scurry back to the store for extra things.  Future DIL is vegetarian, so I need to make sure I have some kind of meat substitute ideas for her.  Luckily she's not too picky, so that shouldn't be a big deal.

I have laundry going, so at least that is started.  Mostly need towels and bedding done.  The rest can be done whenever.

Am hoping to get a good walk in after dinner tonight.  Seems like a nice day weather wise!

Hope all of you have a great day! 
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 08:44:05 AM »
Well, I'll be honest and say I had a terrible weekend.

I visited mom and dad after work on Friday and day asked us to come look at his garden. All was fine until mom missed the last step going out of the house in the garage and fell. Thankfully, I was there and dad and I got her up carefully and got her to the hospital which is only one mile away.

They took a CT scan and found she broke her pelvis in two places and cracked her sacrum. This is the type of fracture that they cannot do surgery on so the normally just send you home. I didn't feel comfortable with that and asked if she could stay a night and have PT help her through proper getting up and down, and then walking. The Dr. agreed and so she rested in the hospital with staff helping her to the bathroom that first night. She will need assistance to get up and move around at all times for a while.

They thought they could handle this but Sunday 6 am we got a call that mom couldn't get up to go to the bathroom and dad couldn't get her up alone so we went over there to find my crying and she was soaked as was her bed. My hubby and I got her to the bathroom where I helped clean her up and she decided to wear an adult diaper for a while in case she can't get to the bathroom on time. We cleaned her mattress as best we could but then we bought a waterproof mattress protector. We also got a pkg. of adult diapers and she was OK with that. Just for a while until she can manage getting to the bathroom better.

We also changed a handrail in the garage that was held in with one screw and was wood. When we got her home on Sat. we noticed how unsafe that was as she held on with all her weight. It was pulling the screw out and the rail was bowing. Hubby decided to get a better, safer one and attach it. Now the problem is that dad is very upset telling us the other one "was good enough". He and hubby had words. Now we have these relationship issues to deal with. I'm in the middle of choosing my parents or husband. This isn't the first time. My dad always challenges my husband and picks fights with him. A conversation will always turn into something that ends in an argument

So, my weekend has been difficult. On a good note, we helped a neighbor plant his garden and had some fun doing that. My daughter and another neighbor helped and it was nice getting to know people! Now I'm suffering from the horrible allergy from being outside. This is my first allergy of the season so it must be those stringy things blowing off the trees.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 11:21:06 AM »
Oh Alice.  I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles with your parents.
Hoping that the relationship issues between your husband and father settle down and pass.  Hoping your Mom heals quickly and can get back to independence as soon as possible.  Will keep all of these situations in my prayers.

Glad you could enjoy helping planting a garden. 

Take care, and try to "remain calm"!  Thinking of you!
Pam
Wife of 32 years