Author Topic: Thursday, June 25, 2015  (Read 649 times)

Offline wrancher

Thursday, June 25, 2015
« on: June 25, 2015, 07:36:14 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Thursday, June 25, 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 07:50:50 AM »
Rain again last night just not as much. I will go after tractor tire we had repaired and run some errands in town. I found all my frame of trampoline. I am taking mat into lady to see if she can repair or if I need to order one. I will get egg order together. Just the usual chores. We got 2 groups of cows checked yesterday so will finish that. Still picking up after storm but getting better. More mowing to be done but so much water everywhere... It really is a good problem to have. Will start packing camper not too much to do there though. I will make some bars and looking for salad recipe. Yesterday we had BLTs for lunch and veggie pizza for supper. Today .... I wing more than plan as I am always looking what needs used up. Better go load servants

Coffee time....
Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 08:51:59 AM »
Good morning!

Janice, I understand the rain situation--we were in drought for several years, then got 20 inches plus in less than a month.  We are grateful for it, yet it sure caused some major issues, not as much for us personally but for many people.  I'm sorry it complicates your haying and planting but hope it helps your eventual crops in other ways.

Nothing exciting going on here.  Still hot, but not as hot as it could be, so I'm thankful for that.  Supposed to get a cooldown and a possible chance for rain tomorrow evening.  Cool as in 89 or so this Saturday for the high.  I'll believe it when I see it, lol. 

Got most of my errands run and orders placed online yesterday.  I have an email out to someone on craigslist about some red worms.  We are going to try to get the worm bin going again to help produce fertilizer for the garden.  If she answers, I may run out by the lake and pick those up.  Other than that, the most pressing items on my agenda for the day are a good cleaning of the master 1/2 bath, sweeping the floor, and washing a load of whites.  Dinner tonight is pork roast, cheesy potatoes, and a veggie as yet to be determined.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 09:40:58 AM »
Good morning ladies!  (at least for another half hour or so!!)

We too have been getting rain and storms, although yesterday was beautiful.  It is cloudy now, so I think we are expecting another round of something.  I haven't really checked the forecast. 

Today is an at home day!!!!! Yay, yay, yay!!  I have needed this for so long!  I am getting a handle on the piles and piles of laundry.  I will do a quick sweep and wipe down in the kitchen, and clean the main floor bathroom.  It feels good to be able to be home! 
I was thinking last night "I will run do that tomorrow", but for the life of me I can't remember what "that" was!!   :D

Hubby and I are invited to a media event at a new restaurant tonight, but we have decided to opt out of it.  I can actually make dinner here! Tacos, homemade refried beans, salad and cut fruit.

Hope everyone has a great day and gets the weather they need!
Thinking of you all!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25