Author Topic: Monday, June 15, 2015  (Read 991 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, June 15, 2015
« on: June 15, 2015, 06:10:13 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, June 15, 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 06:26:05 AM »
Beautiful day! We had rain Saturday so keeps us out of field because it is also suppose to rain tomorrow. Yesterday afternoon a group of friends came with their kids and we went fishing. We only caught 2 fish (they only caught, I caught nothing.) Everyone had a great time. Some came back to house with us and we cooked fish ( I took the kids the night before and we caught 4) amd I had 10lbs  bbq chicken wings that you just had to warm up and I made hamburgers and dip.Nothing specail. Just fun to get together, Ross and kids will be moving some bulls around today. And we need to put out more mineral to some of the cows. We will soon be getting bees again. Yeah We love honey, We let beekeepers put their bees on our land in exchange for honey.  We have not had honey in years, Other friends have gave us honey but we have not gotten our own, So excited. So today I need to really clean out fridge and walkin so I can go buy some groceries in the city and know what I need. It has been a while since I stocked up just was buying the essentials. If it rains tomorrow I will go. I need to do some more mowing and trimming around here. We got the pool set up. That took longer than I thought but you have to have it just right. Well I need to go get servants going.

coffee time
Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 07:10:40 AM »
Good morning!

Woke up with a bad headache so am hoping for improvements.  Eating a "bad" breakfast today of a homemade blondie, glass of milk, and coffee.  But it sure tastes good!  I slept in today (till 7), which felt good after the past week of camp and then our trip to Dallas on Saturday.  I've been feeling nauseated off and on for a few days (nope, not pregnant) so did not ride along to take Maddy up to the university yesterday. 

We have a good chance for rain this week, including today.  Not hiking...too many snakes out there right now due to the flooding.  I miss hiking and the break from the kiddos, though.

Seems strange to only have three kids home this week.  Is this how "normal" smaller families feel?  Have to remember to scale back the cooking just a bit.

Catherine

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 07:27:30 AM »
Good morning!

I got up at 5:30 this morning and went out to the garden before it got too hot.  I picked squash, banana peppers, cucumbers, and okra.  Our squash won't last much longer, so I'm thinking about starting more seeds for a later crop.  I need to make pickles with the cukes and get everything else put up. 

It's Monday, so that means recover from the weekend by doing a little extra straightening up around here.  I have a small mountain of laundry to tackle, floors need cleaning, and I'll clean out the refrigerator and see what leftovers may be lurking around to be used this week. :D

I guess I better get started on my list.  Hope you all have a great day!

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 07:51:34 AM »
Good morning!

Today's a normal Monday--tidy house, laundry.  I do need to go grocery shopping.  At least I have a menu made!  I've started planning out a month at time then shopping weekly.  I like that much better!

I also need to water the garden and start making plans for our family reunion trip.  We're going to Breckenridge in Colorado.  Excited for that!

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 08:22:46 AM »
Good morning. :)

Hope everyone had a good weekend.  We stayed busy around here most of it, but we usually do.  Friday night I decided to cook up a bunch of stuff from the freezer.  Made 2 pans of cornbread with cornmeal and flour from freezer, 4 dozen muffins with mix out of freezer, about 130 pancakes with mix from freezer, enough chicken for the weekend, 2 big pans of almond raisin granola, and a big pot of dried beans.  Would you believe all but half the muffins and a few pancakes are gone?  Oh well, felt good to only have to warm up food over the weekend.

Saturday afternoon after getting indoor chores done, we went to Home Depot and finally got the compost tumblers ordered.  Decided to get one of those grinders too to grind up the stuff from greenhouse that will go into the composters, so it will work quicker. So will be putting those together soon and getting going on that.  I also got my organization stuff for my bathroom on the way. Then we ran by the grocery and Walmart to get a few things for the rest of the weekend.  Came home and kids played outside once it cooled off.

Sunday was a relaxing day.  We slept in and it was really hot so we stayed inside most of the day.  I did get all of the refrigerators and freezers cleaned out and ready for today's food order to be put away.  Also decided to just keep going after that and clean all of the bathrooms. 

Today will just be laundry and straightening up from the weekend.  May get the back yard mowed later this afternoon, been mowing it twice a week because ticks seem to be really bad this year and chiggers.  Going this afternoon to pick up this month's Azure order.  That will take about an hour and a half to get put away.  Also need to stop by Walmart on the way home for laundry detergent and some gallon ziplocs for re-bagging some of the order where it will fit in the fridge.

Janice, that is so awesome that you get to have your own honey, and for FREE!  And....you don't have to deal with the bees yourself.  Major plus.

Catherine, isn't it funny how we refer to other families as "normal" sized? LOL :)

Cheryl, making pickles sounds so good right about now.  I don't think I planted pickling cukes though, just regular ones.

Have a good day everyone. :)

Lindsay

Offline wrancher

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 08:48:38 AM »
Catherine I laughed when I read your post about only 3 kids this week. I can so relate. Even when 1 kid is gone and it doesnt matter which one they are out of their element.

Cheryl aweosme garden. Do you pickle your okra or what do you do with okra? We love pickled okra but we normally dont grow okra around here. I tried one year and they got too big for pickling so I just cut them up and put in stew.

Lindsay,  I feel the same way when I cook up a bunch of food it is just gone. But like you said all you really have to do is just heat it up. As I clean out fridge and freezer that is what I will be doing today is some extra baking. I need to make some cookies and stuff for freezer for our impromptu fishing trips with friends and camp fires, etc.

I am thinking about ordering all my stuff at Sams club on pick n pull. That way it would all be done and I just would pick it up. I have never done it so might try it to see if it would save me time.

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 12:36:11 PM »
Hello everyone,

We are enjoying a leisurely day at home. My primary job is catching up on the laundry. DH cleaned the kitchen for me this morning, which was a nice surprise. Looks like rain today, so I'll be working around inside the house tidying and vacuuming.

Dinner tonight is grilled chicken tenders and salad.

Have a great day!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 02:09:37 PM »
Cheryl aweosme garden. Do you pickle your okra or what do you do with okra? We love pickled okra but we normally dont grow okra around here. I tried one year and they got too big for pickling so I just cut them up and put in stew.

Janice, I usually do a few jars of pickled okra and freeze some for use in winter in soups, but our favorite way to eat it is fried.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn