Author Topic: Mon. June 9th  (Read 954 times)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Mon. June 9th
« on: June 09, 2014, 08:07:57 AM »

Good morning,

It is very wet here this morning and still too muddy to get into the garden. Supposed to be rain coming in by 11 this morning. I would think we are catching up on the drought.  :) I have decided today is the day. I am going to sew Hayley's and Colten's quilt top together. It is too nasty to work outside, so I have no more excuses. LOL Besides, I really need to get it ready to start quilting. I have just over 2 months till the wedding and this is queen size.  :o
   We had a peaceful weekend. It rained most of Saturday, but was nice Sunday. We still find ourselves lost on Sunday mornings with MIL gone. We spent almost 3 years visiting her most Sundays. Still miss her, but she is in a better place. We worked in the shop a bit yesterday. Starting to make some headway. Not sure how we let it get in such a horrible mess. Then we ground some beef roasts and chicken breast. I made them into patties and Kevin grilled them. After they had cooled, we vacuum sealed them and put them in the freezer. Now we have some quick meals ready when we need them.  ;)
   Well, I had better get with it. You all have a great day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Mon. June 9th
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 10:14:18 AM »
Good morning!

We just enjoyed a lot of rain as well.  Around 4 inches over the past few days.  Interested to see how that affects our drought status as we were in the most extreme level prior.  It's good to see the river looking like a river instead of a little bitty creek.  :)  And waterfalls flowing, too. 

My kids are scrapping like cats and dogs.  Well, worse, actually.  Thankfully, Mallory and Morgan head to camp this afternoon for the rest of the week. 

Dinner tonight is Hawaiian pork roast (cooked with Hawaiian salt), cheesy "potatoes" (subbing cooked spaghetti squash out for hash brown shreds to make a low carb version), and asparagus.  Maddy is helping with our church's VBS so it will just be Earl and myself and the boys home for dinner.  Weird.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 11:28:44 AM »
Good Afternoon!

Busy, fun weekend, so it's nice to have a bit of a 'normal' day!  We had praise band rehearsal on Saturday afternoon and a couple of errands to run, and we took Grimm with us.  Yesterday was our last day for singing in choir at church (at least until the Fall), so we both sang and played in the praise band at the 8:30 service, drove to a neighboring church to sing at their 10AM service, then drove back to our church to sing at the beginning of the 11AM service.  We left after singing.  Then, last night was the final youth group meeting/pool party at our good friends' house, so they invited us to join everyone.  We did, and since we've all been trying to get our big dogs together, we took Grimm there with us as well.  I think the pups had as much fun as the kids running around!  It started to POUR rain as we left, so it was a bit of a dicey drive home with lots of flooding roads and sheeting rain, but we were ready to collapse into bed when we finally made it.

Today we were up at 4:30 and Jean head out around 5:15.  I laid back down for a bit, then got up for breakfast (& coffee!!), puppy care, laundry, and NSA work.  I wanted to get a yoga workout in, but a combination of NSA work getting away from me and Jean coming home early puts that on the back burner.  He'll be home in a bit, and I think we're going to hop into the pool for a while.  Maybe I can get him to do a workout with me afterwards  ;D ;).

Dinner tonight is either baked spaghetti and meatball casserole or breakfast - JeanBean's choice.

Have a wonderful rest of the afternoon!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 06:54:01 PM »
Hello!

I was exhausted this morning!  I had a hard time getting up, and after half an hour decided just to go back to bed because I felt so tired!

We had a very busy few days.  Wednesday (4th) Christie promoted (graduated) from 9th grade.  The assembly was only for students so I didn't go to that.  Then that night was the dance.  Also on the 4th, Alex finished preschool so Nathan and I went to his program.  Thursday Jordan finished school.  Friday was our first day of summer break.  We had a celebratory lunch with Daddy and got signed up for the library summer reading program.  I planned to get our summer swim passes but the pool wasn't open yet.  Saturday, our church congregation had a breakfast; Alex had a soccer game; Christie and Jordan refereed games; I went to the temple; and then we spent time in between all that getting the house tidy and food ready for the celebration dinner on Sunday.  Sunday both sets of grandparents came for dinner to celebrate Christie's junior high promotion.  I got pictures of her from Kindergarten through 9th grade and put them in frames on the piano.  It was fun to see how she's changed and stayed the same through 9 years of school.

All of that just made me exhausted.  So I spent this morning recovering.  Took the kids swimming this afternoon.  I also got yesterday's celebration messes cleaned up.  That's about all I've done today. :)

I always enjoy reading about your days.

Merilee