Author Topic: Sun. Nov. 2nd  (Read 868 times)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Sun. Nov. 2nd
« on: November 02, 2014, 08:20:26 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   The wind is blowing something fierce here! It isn't really cold, just windy. It is about 54*, so not bad at all outside if you can hang on to something. LOL So glad we are not getting the snow that a lot in the east and north are getting. That can wait a month or two for me.  :D
   I have had a wonderful 2 days off. Friday I went to the doctor, then went to have prescriptions filled and get some groceries. I relaxed that afternoon and evening while Kevin watched scary movies. (Not my thing!) Yesterday was just a laid back day of doing nothing. LOL I actually read a whole book yesterday afternoon. Can't remember the last time I did that. Also took a short nap. Yep, it was a good day. I go in today at 3, so shouldn't be too bad of a day. I work 4 days, then have 2 more off. Really loving that. LOL
   I forgot, I made a pillow yesterday for my chair. I took a couple of panels that I had, added cotton batting to the back sides of them, and machine quilted 2" grids. Then I just sewed the panels together and inserted a pillow form. Turned out pretty good. Felt good to do some sewing again. I have not done much since I started working.
   I think I may start on another crochet project in a bit. It is a mindless project that I can pick up and lay down easily. I finished a simple scarf this week and gave it to Kerry, my coworker for her birthday today. Now on to something else.  ;D
   I hope you all have a blessed Sunday.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Sun. Nov. 2nd
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 08:46:54 AM »
Good morning, Winona, and all after,

We are at similar temps to Winona this morning, 51 right now.  The wind has died down from what it was yesterday, though.  Just finishing my coffee and getting ready to put a dab of makeup on and head to church.  I haven't been in 3 weeks, what with camping one and Micah running a fever last Sunday.

Not much on the agenda for today.  Need to do some meal planning and my Bible study homework. 

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Catherine