Author Topic: Thursday, March 31, 2016  (Read 962 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Thursday, March 31, 2016
« on: March 31, 2016, 08:46:42 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Thursday, March 31, 2016
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 08:53:12 AM »
Good morning!  It's the end of another month!

I meant to post yesterday--had a post almost done then had to go take care of stuff and closed my browser without posting.

Yesterday was our first day back to school after our spring break.  It was kind of a strange one because it was Wednesday to Wednesday, and I worked for half of it.

Last Friday was Christie's 17th birthday.  Due to my working, and not being really prepared, and Easter two days later, we spread it over several days.  We went out to eat, I made the dinner she wanted, we had birthday cake and presents. 

Tuesday night, she left for Colorado Springs with the advanced choirs and band from school.  They drove 2 hours, stopped at a truck stop for a bathroom and stretch break, and ended up staying there for about 14 hours, waiting out a snowstorm that closed the freeway.  Around noon yesterday, the teachers decided to turn around and come back home, and try again later.  So I picked her up about 3 pm and brought her home.  She slept for awhile and showered, then I took her back to school at 10:30 pm for a second try.  I haven't heard anything so I don't know if they made it or not.  I sure hope so--they've worked so hard to prepare for their performances.

Today I will have the twins early because their dad needs to be at work early.  Football this afternoon.  Tonight Alex starts outdoor soccer practice.  Rain fell last night so we'll see how the weather is. 

Today I need to finish picking up my house.  I've got laundry to do.  Those are the major things.  I'll do other little things here and there as I get time.

Tomorrow is Jordan's 15th birthday so I need to plan for that.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline wrancher

Re: Thursday, March 31, 2016
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 12:33:28 PM »
Good afternoon

Terribly windy and cold here but no snow. We did have some sprinkles. After chores I have been catching up on house stuff.  I need to clean off desk and have Ross help me put dishwasher back together as I was cleaning it. Oops. My main plan after school is clean out the garage.  I would like the Kids to help but seems by the time they get chores done it is late. We have prom tomorrow, brand Saturday and rolls for church Sunday. Lots going on but little by little it isn't so bad. Hubby's birthday today. I was going to see if he wanted me to take him out to lunch. He should be coming in soon. So steaks for supper on traeger and then like these grilled potatoes and garlic bread and of course salad. 

Hope all is well with everyone

Janice