Author Topic: Wednesday, January 6th, 2016  (Read 1306 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Wednesday, January 6th, 2016
« on: January 06, 2016, 06:12:03 AM »
Good morning!

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Wednesday, January 6th, 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 06:19:25 AM »
I realized the time so hit send on that so I could go start the van to warm up. 

It's Wednesday, so you know what that means--Ladies' Hiking Club day.  We are climbing Dome Mountain, which we'd planned to do last week, but it was too icy then.  Haven't done this one before so it should be fun.  The creek may cause us some detours, though...sure did on Monday.

Family will eat at church tonight, but it's beef stroganoff so I will have to pass.  That's okay, though....don't have to cook for them.  :)  Not sure if I will go to church or not now that Earl doesn't have a Wednesday class.  Sometimes, I just like a little quiet time at home.  Need to figure out a Bible reading/study plan for my personal use.  Last year, doing the whole thing chronologically, it felt like another pressure, so I've taken a few days off so far this year, but don't want to make that too long and get out of the habit.

Need to run to Aldi today as we need more lunch box supplies.  Some days I really just want to let the younger three buy.  But then I remember that would be over $30 a week just for those three.  :/  Apparently, this school does much better with the lunches than the old school.  It always smells wonderful when I'm there in the morning.

Other thing I need to get moving on is garden/livestock planning.  We're trying to decide whether to change over to all ducks gradually this year, and if so, need to figure out where we're getting our new ducklings from.

Well, better get moving and get Maddy to school.

Catherine

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 06:24:03 AM »
Good morning.

Getting ready to head out in a bit.  Today we have a homeschool meet up at the library.  Hopefully I'll be back here around lunch time.  I hate going out in the cold.  Yes, I'm a sissy when it comes to cold weather. :)  I can handle the heat and humidity of summer much better.

I will work on more decluttering when I get back.  It seems like I always have one or two drawers in the kitchen that attract junk.  I've checked my menu and it looks like tonight's meal is Italian sausages with onions and peppers.  I'll add a salad to that as well. 

Have a great day, everyone!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Cathie

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 06:25:57 AM »
Good morning -

Cath - enjoy the hike!
Cheryl - enjoy your homeschool group and decluttering!

I just finished my exercise and need to get ready to go for work. 
Not sure what dinner tonight will be yet. 

Have a great day everyone

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 06:43:49 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!!

Catherine: Enjoy your hike and quiet time at home.
Cheryl: I am not a fan of the cold either, and it is COLD here too!!!
Cathie: Yay you for getting your exercise in already!

As for me, I will head out to my weight watchers meeting, and then walk with my friend.  We will grab lunch, and then I think I will run up to the meat market.  It is about 30 miles from home, but I checked their specials, and they have extra lean sirloin for $3.99 a pound.  My parents gave us $200 in gift cards there, so I will use those and stock up.  They rarely have ground sirloin on sale, and it is what I prefer to use if I can. 

We are going out to dinner and to a local brewery with some friends tonight.  One of my goals for 2016 is to do "double dates" with several of our friends.  One of those things we say "we should get together soon" blah blah blah!  And, I mean it when I say it, but we just haven't made that much effort to do it!  As the homebody introvert that I am, this is kind of a stretch for me, so I think it will be good.  Now that the kids are out on their own for the most part, this will be a good thing for us.

I guess I had better get going. Need to warm up the car before leaving!  Real Feel 13!  Brrrrrrr!!
Have a great day!!
Pam

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 10:02:40 AM »
Morning Ladies (again, just barely still morning)!

I had the best intentions of getting to the gym before my yoga class and doing my weight circuit, but we didn't get to bed/sleep until close to midnight, and that first 4:15 alarm comes mighty early!  So, I still left the house early, but not quite early enough to do my weights first.  It's OK though, as I ran in to my mom (she also takes yoga in the same class), so we just chat for a bit.  It also ended up being a tough class with some new poses, and I'm still sore after yesterday's 'plank extravaganza', so I just left after class.

I hit Target on the way home for some coffee creamer and a half-price bag of chicken breasts (Cartwheel for the win!), and picked up a couple of other things as well.  Then I walked across the parking lot to Petco to get one of those reusable canned food lids, since I wasn't able to find one anywhere else.  Now I'm home, have had breakfast, and I'm motivated to declutter and clean!

Dinner tonight is lemon chicken piccata over mixed grains with a salad on the side.

Have a great day, ladies!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 11:49:55 AM »
Still morning here for me lol. It's quite brrrrry here today and we have a windchill which doesn't help.

Our new stoves that we got here in June were not what they had ordered so after numerous tries of "we're replacing your stove on such and such at day" they are finally switching them out today. Things are going slow lol so while I wait I cleaned out the cabinets in my downstairs bathroom. Got rid of quite a bit of stuff  :)

I'm hoping they arrive before I have to leave for work this aft.

Have a good aft ladies!
Laurie
Many hands make light work