Author Topic: Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2016  (Read 741 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2016
« on: November 22, 2016, 08:11:49 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 08:24:49 AM »
Hello, and welcome to Tuesday!

For some reason I feel like it is Wednesday, so with Thanksgiving, I am hoping to know what day it actually is sometime next week!

Not too much happening in my world today. Other than my college son coming home at some point! Yay! We are taking his vehicle in to be checked over while he is home. It needs a few things done to it, so we want to make sure it will be reliable for him. We are hoping that it won't be too big of an expense.

I need to run pick up a few things at Aldi. I better make a quick list so I don't leave with a bunch of stuff I don't need, and forget the things I do!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 09:06:56 AM »
I only wish it were Wednesday today!

My kids are coming home from college today but probably not until tonight.

I do have to get a couple of groceries but not much for my own pantry. We are helping with food for a food pantry so we need to get that ready by Thurs. morning. Food pantry's are so low on food these days so please consider helping your local food pantry's also.

Our weather is cold but the sun is shining. Tomorrow we may have some rain, sleet, snow, slippery, oh, my! Not ready for winter.

Last night's dinner just about didn't happen. I thought there was enough pork leftover from Sunday but when I got home, half of it was eaten for someone's lunch (and that's OK!). So, the pork tacos were very lightly filled. That wasn't enough for the two of us so I made a macaroni/hamburger dish my hubby likes. I had about a quarter pound burger in the freezer which was just enough. Whew! Got through that one. I don't know what to do about tonight's dinner. Maybe kids, maybe not. I'll probably do baked chicken thighs and a baked potato and will fill in with salad.

That's it for my boring day.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 11:20:08 AM »
Hello!

Today is just another same-ole, same-ole day for us.  A full day of school and whatever else I can get done that needs to be (laundry, cleaning, etc.  Hoping to be able to squeeze in a workout along with some touch-up painting in an upstairs hallway.  Dinner will be a broccoli chicken casserole, most likely.

Alice, since you see the inside workings of a food bank, could you recommend what would be some of the items to donate that you would consider are most needed?

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 11:32:05 AM »
The one I volunteer at always needs good whole grain cereal--none of the sugar ladened ones. Whole wheat pasta and rice but white would probably be accepted. No rip packages of alfredo or beefy noodles.  Canned veggies with low sodium and and canned fruits without heavy syrup (100% fruit juice), canned beans, and especially canned meats. Our food pantry gets a lot of fresh veggies donated and that is very popular but prob. not something an individual can donate. Frozen meat is very popular but I also don't think an individual can donate that either. Diapers and wipes are popular as are personal care and household. Personal care is shampoo, toothpaste, floss, cold meds for kids and adults, multivitamins for both, stomach acid relief are all good. Household items are dish soap, toilet paper and paper towels almost always run out. Breads are donated and so are some sweets but our local pantry really frowns on sweets and treats.

Hope that helps.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 02:45:11 PM »
Yes, Alice, that definitely helps.  Thank you.