Author Topic: Friday, December 19, 2014  (Read 994 times)

Offline wrancher

Friday, December 19, 2014
« on: December 19, 2014, 07:04:46 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Friday, December 19, 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 07:14:08 AM »
Well off to a fast start.  Got a text from renter that she left something for Christmas present for school would I check to see if it was there. No problem. I found and sent to school.  Last day thank heavens.  Ashley will bring all kids home after then her and Allison will go back in for practice.  Today I get to clean the house and bookwork.  Got caught up on wrapping yesterday.  Thank heavens I need to check on delivery schedules on some packages I was waiting for.  So now to decide what I am making for party tomorrow.  Mainly appetizers.  Loving our gas prices right now.  $2.29. Unreal so I didn't get any cookies mixed up yesterday because of time. Hopefully today. 

Coffee time...
Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 08:46:46 AM »
Good morning!

Coffee time here, too.  I am dragging this morning.  Been having trouble sleeping so took something last night to help.  I slept but feel like I need more.  :P  I may nap.  But I need to wrap Earl's gifts that I didn't get to yesterday.  His work Christmas party is at noon so I need to leave by 11:30 for that.  I really do NOT want to go but he wants me to for some reason.  I went to the picnic in August and was very bored.

I think we may do our annual tradition of dipping pretzels in white chocolate tonight.  The kids love doing it and have been asking about it.

My sheets are in the wash and I should probably wash one other load of something.  The usual daily sweeping needs done, and the kitchen needs cleaning up.  Mallory baked sugar cookies last night.  She was almost done when I went to bed and Maddy and Earl were watching a Dr. Who so I didn't worry leaving her out here.  But, apparently no one reminded her of cleaning up.  I probably should leave it for her to do after school, but it will only annoy me so I may go ahead and do it just to have it done and over. 

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 12:39:32 PM »
Good afternoon!  While I'm here at the laptop paying bills, I thought I'd jump over here and say Hello!!

Today has been a nice day.  Aaron and Holden went to town for awhile this morning so that just left me here with Evan.  It's so nice to just have one of the boys every now and then.  Lainey had early dismissal from school so I went to get her at 11:30 and we ran by Food Lion to get some eggs.  My girls are still laying but I was going to buy a dozen to use in my baking and save my "good" eggs for our breakfasts.  Eggs are $2.50 a dozen!!!!  Uhhhh.....nope.  Not gonna pay $2.50 for eggs. 

I don't have much planned for this afternoon and tonight.  I didn't even have to pack Sam's lunchbox this afternoon!!  His company is providing pizza for supper tonight.  I think I'll just have a sandwich or something for supper and tell Aaron that he and Holden are on their own.   ;D

We are having our Moore Christmas tomorrow night so I'll have to be up bright and early in the morning to start cooking.  Well actually we are doing a simple supper of smoked chicken, baked beans and a big salad---kind of a summer meal in winter.  :D  I"ll have to get the chicken roasting early though.  30 pounds of leg quarters.  Hmmm....wonder how long that is going to take to roast all of that? 

I hear Lainey and Holden hollaring outside.  I guess I need to check on them and make sure they're playing and not in trouble.  :o  The gate is shut and the dogs are out so I'm not worried about them out there but Holden has a way of always getting into trouble.  :P

Have a good evening!

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.