Author Topic: Monday, December 22nd, 2014  (Read 879 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Monday, December 22nd, 2014
« on: December 22, 2014, 05:53:24 AM »
Good morning!

Hard to believe it is three days before Christmas!  Kids are off school the next two weeks and we are going hiking today.  There is a dear man who goes to our church, 82 or 83, nicknamed "Cowboy Bill".  He knows the Refuge so well and also has a camp in the area that has part of a mountain on it.  Anyway, I asked him yesterday after church if he thought it would be okay for the kids to come on today's hike, being as Mondays are more challenging than the Thursday hikes they used to do.  He said it would be fine.  This guy is a great example of staying in shape paying off later in life.  He can outhike me any day.  So, yesterday, I baked bread and then made them all sandwiches.  This morning, we need to fill all our Camel Bak bladders.  I am going to put water bottles in mine as well for Maddy so she doesn't need a backpack.  That way, if I need to carry Max for awhile at some point, she can carry my backpack while I carry him.

I hadn't hiked in two weeks because of being tired.  Got my labs in the mail last week and found my iron levels and saturation are quite low, so this may be part of the equation.  Working on that.

Dinner tonight is chicken and rice which will go in the crockpot shortly, and broccoli on the side.

Have a wonderful Monday!
Catherine

Offline Cathie

Re: Monday, December 22nd, 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 06:03:25 AM »
Good morning Cath ~ I hope with your iron levels figured out you will feel better soon. Care to share that crockpot recipe? Sounds yummy. Enjoy the hike!

So Christmas  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

My postponing it to February did not work so I have been running around like a bat out of hell trying to get this all done.  I am not very good at this much stress.

I am off to work now and then home to make homemade gifts for bus drivers and teachers for the kids to hand out tomorrow. A also need the dollar store to finish my stockings.  Always something.

Have a great day everyone

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 07:37:52 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   Wow! Only 3 days left.  :o I need to work hard for the next couple of days. I think I now have all the granddaughters' gifts done. The grandsons' gifts just need the ends of the yarn woven in and maybe some short fringe added. Now I am working on Sashay ruffled scarves for our daughters. I think I will make very simple mug rugs for our sons and SILs. I will do it all on the machine. I am hoping the mug rugs won't take more than an afternoon.  :-\
   I got up early this morning and have all my Monday chores done. I have done dishes, emptied ice trays, refilled the Berkey water filter, swept the floor, scooped the litter box, fed the spoiled animals, and taken out the trash. Now I am enjoying my coffee while I listen to the rain hit our tin roof. It is a peaceful sound to work by.  ;D
    I hope to be finished with Christmas gifts tomorrow, so I can devote Wed. morning to wrapping. I want to take mom her gift on Wed. afternoon and stop by the Oregon Care Center to visit some of my friends. I really miss the residents. If I just hadn't had to deal with the aids and nurses, it would have been a perfect job.  ;)
    Well, I need to get busy. You all have a wonderful day. Now don't stress about the big day too much. That is what IOUs are for.  :D

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 03:58:57 PM »
If you have time Wednesday check your mail Winona :).
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.