Author Topic: Saturday, Jan. 3, 2015  (Read 1379 times)

Offline gaggleofseven

Saturday, Jan. 3, 2015
« on: January 03, 2015, 08:58:36 AM »
Good morning! I hope everyone is having a lovely day. My focus today is cleaning and organizing. I've got magazines to sort and cull, miscellaneous things to take to Goodwill, and one cabinet to organize.

Have a wonderful day!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Re: Saturday, Jan. 3, 2015
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 02:44:33 PM »
Good afternoon ladies,
   I spent the whole morning rearranging and cleaning my little area. I moved my sewing machine and computer around. I think my sewing machine and its cover were blocking out my wi-fi reception. Hopefully this will work better, although I don't like it as well. I guess I just always have trouble accepting change.  ;) My laptop is also running really slow. Not sure what the issues with that are. I wonder if any of you on Facebook are having any problems with it. It will only scroll about 3 windows worth then is just blank. Also I cannot get to my messages and the chat thing keeps turning off. Technology, wonderful when it works, but not when it doesn't. LOL
   We are supposed to have snow coming in, but they have said that for 2 days now and still nothing.  ::) It is also supposed to get really windy and cold tonight, so we would be better off without snow.  ;)
   I guess that is about it for me. Everyone have a great weekend.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 03:25:05 PM »
Hi, Ladies,

Just checking in.  Earl is off taking a huge load of stuff to the Teen Challenge thrift store.  I haven't added up our final total yet but we have to be close to our goal of getting rid of 500 things this week.  Maddy is babysitting, and Morgan went with her to play with the daughter who is her age.

Speaking of Morgan, we had a bad event happen this morning.  Earl and I went out for a breakfast date and to pick up our eggs from the farmer.  We enjoyed ourselves (dates have been rare lately) and came home.  I went out in the garage to put the eggs away and there was a horribly messy dead mouse in garage.  I had to use the restroom, so came straight in and called out to Earl about it on my way.  Only to have the kids check and realize the hamster was missing.  Yes, it was him.  My stomach was in knots over this.  Two years ago, there was a broken latch on our hamster cage (kids didn't tell us and just taped it)and that poor boy got out and our cats got him while we were on a trip.  The petsitter found him.  We got this little guy, Bear, sweetest hamster ever (he'd sleep in my palm on his back) and have had him just under two years (new cage).  I was pleased that he had lived so long (hamster life span is 1-2 years from what I've read).  Apparently, today, one of the kids was holding him and they were all watching a show and forgot to pay attention to where he was.  They were all upset and blaming themselves and each other.  Sigh.  No more hamsters for us.

My mind is whirling in so many directions today.  Hamster, budget, meal planning (and some ideas for a possible blog related to that), tiny houses (watched a documentary on them last night and got a library book on them today), what the future holds for our schooling, etc... .  Ever feel like that?  Like you can't settle your mind down long enough to focus on one thing.  Argh. 

Jennie, hope your cleaning and organizing went well.  We've done so much of that this past week as well.  Feels good, going into a new year.  :)

Winona, I hope your rearranging helps the reception.  Stay warm!

Catherine

Offline Rooney

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 05:48:44 PM »

My mind is whirling in so many directions today.  Hamster, budget, meal planning (and some ideas for a possible blog related to that), tiny houses (watched a documentary on them last night and got a library book on them today), what the future holds for our schooling, etc... .  Ever feel like that?  Like you can't settle your mind down long enough to focus on one thing.  Argh. 

Are you talking about the Tiny Houses documentary on Netflix?  They have one titled that and I saved it to my list and have never gotten around to watching it.   Sounds interesting. Might watch that tonight.  And yes, I definitely know what it is like to have all sorts of stuff flying around in your head (ideas, things you want to do or implement).  Like there are too many things to possibly tackle at once, yet you want to. Kinda like you need to organize your brain before you can organize anything else? LOL ;) :)

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 05:55:17 PM »
Yes, Lindsay, that's the one. 

And I definitely need my mind organized!  Actually saw a library book about that in the new books section, but it was so long that it just seemed like one more thing to do and I didn't get it, lol.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 12:09:56 PM »

And I definitely need my mind organized!  Actually saw a library book about that in the new books section, but it was so long that it just seemed like one more thing to do and I didn't get it, lol.

I watched it yesterday.  When they say small, they mean small, don't they?  I can't see ever wanting to do that, but I can see how applying the concept of less clutter and "things" could be good.  I may jump on your decluttering boat this week!

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 12:16:54 PM »

I watched it yesterday.  When they say small, they mean small, don't they?  I can't see ever wanting to do that, but I can see how applying the concept of less clutter and "things" could be good.  I may jump on your decluttering boat this week!

Definitely tiny!  I don't see us ever living that tiny either, except perhaps in an RV depending on what life brings.  Earl and I are talking more about something about 900-1000 square feet, eventually.  Our house now is only 1257 but we're seeing where a better layout could let us go smaller, particularly once the kids start moving out. That used to sound so far off, but Maddy is now 14!  That means in 4 years or so we might only have 4 at home?!?  Feels weird thinking of that.  The lady who writes the blog, Assortment, is supposed to be coming out with her house plans before long.  They live in 665 square feet with their 3 boys (and homeschool), but I think she said her plans may be more like 900 square feet because she is trying to make them pretty much universally meet building codes.  I'm really interested to see her plans as I LOVE her little cabin and think I could easily live in something like that.

Offline Rooney

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 12:49:08 PM »
If you enjoy blogs on the families living in small areas and homeschooling.  Large Families on Purpose has an entry where she completely organized their 1100 square foot home to work for the 11 people that live in there house.  It a has complete home tour and all.  I was thinking, if she can do it in that space, why can't I manage to do it in a bigger space?  I guess some people have just got the organization thing down and the rest of us just have to wing it. ;)  I think to get THAT organized, I would need help.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 12:57:02 PM »
If you enjoy blogs on the families living in small areas and homeschooling.  Large Families on Purpose has an entry where she completely organized their 1100 square foot home to work for the 11 people that live in there house.  It a has complete home tour and all.  I was thinking, if she can do it in that space, why can't I manage to do it in a bigger space?  I guess some people have just got the organization thing down and the rest of us just have to wing it. ;)  I think to get THAT organized, I would need help.

Yes!  I used to read her blog.  She hasn't posted much lately.  And I guess she seems so organized that it takes all the fun out of life, lol.  But her house does look nice.  I tried to do the whole MOTH thing a few years back and it left me feeling so stressed because I was always running behind my schedule.