Author Topic: Thursday, April 13, 2017  (Read 1244 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Thursday, April 13, 2017
« on: April 13, 2017, 06:22:05 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, April 13, 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 06:30:27 AM »
Hello all!

Hope you all are off to a good start to your Thursday!  I am up and about and ready to take on the day! (whatever that entails!!)

Today I need to pay a couple of bills, and do some real work on the kitchen floor!  I didn't realize how bad it was until I was in there yesterday.  One of those "wow - this floor is a wreck!"
Will do the bathroom downstairs as long as I am in the groove!  So, clean the bathroom, pick up the kitchen, and do floors.

Need to get out and walk as well.  But, it is raining right now.  Not hard, more of a sprinkle, but still.  Where is the sunshine????

I am on my own for dinner again, so it will probably be a thrown together salad or something of the like.
Hope everyone has a great day! 

Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 08:21:51 AM »
Good morning!

Today's an at-home day until tonight.  I got most of my errands done yesterday so I don't really have to go anywhere today.  I love stay-at-home days.

Today I need to do laundry and ironing.  There's some cleaning that needs to be done--the bathrooms, changing the furnace filter, cleaning the ceiling fan in the kitchen so we can turn it on, cleaning the microwave and the stove.

Tomorrow our church congregation is having a dinner and my women's group is in charge.  I've delegated responsibility for set up, food and children's games to the other ladies who are in the presidency with me, so my job is decorations.  We have a bunch of Ikea tin pots that I will put floral cubes in and cover with moss, then insert pinwheels in.  So I need to make the pinwheels.  I'll also look over my list and see what else I can make ahead of time.

I've got some cooking I want to do.  Tonight's dinner is pork chops so I need to get that in a marinade.  I also need to make a potato salad so it's good and cold for tonight.  The rest of dinner can be done later.  I also need to cook and shred at least some of the chicken for tomorrow's church dinner (we're having shredded chicken sandwiches).

I'll continue working on the spaces that need it--my bedroom, the office and the boys' bedroom.

And for fun, I have some flowers to plant in pots.  Also I want to decide on my Easter table setting. 

Dinner tonight is the pork chops, potato salad, a corn salad, and fruit.

Merilee

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 09:13:26 AM »
Good Morning,

I am sooo mad this morning! That skunk! I put down that fox urine stuff that he is supposed to hate and stay away from but NO he is digging right through it! We had a live trap set up and he wanted nothing to do with that either! He supposedly should love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but didn't even look at that. Tonight will be moist cat food and PB & J sandwiches in the trap.

Other than that, the day is going fine. Kinda rainy outside so no walking tonight. We did have our 3.8 mile walk and just under 10,000 steps (at least when I had my phone with me to track). I'm sure it was over 10,000 if I have my tracking phone with me at all times.

It's my volunteer night so I won't have time to make a big dinner. I think waffles will do. Tomorrow is a day off and I'm excited for that. I just need time alone. I want to make dinner rolls for Sunday. I'll make them and then freeze them. I made the lemon cake for a lemon torte last night, the ham is thawing and I'm using boxed scalloped potatoes (since that is what I have on hand since I'm not grocery shopping), green beans in the freezer and I think I'll do butternut squash bake with br. sugar and marshmallows which I did Sunday and was a big hit. We might have 8 people and all food from the freezer and pantry--I'm excited about that.

I want to clean the porch tomorrow since I did part of it on Saturday I need to finish the rest. We might need to thoroughly dust our family room downstairs also from the renovation mess. Hubby put together a closet downstairs that had to be taken apart for the electrical guys and now I want to stack some bins back in there and put away some clothes down there. I need some plastic garment bags first. I have the kind that are used for drycleaning and that is good enough. Maybe put away our winter jackets?! So that is what I have planned. Just those little things.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 08:53:24 PM »
Oh Alice!  Do we dare hope to be able to put away our winter coats????  8)

I surely hope so!
Pam
Wife of 32 years