Author Topic: Monday, April 17, 2017  (Read 1127 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Monday, April 17, 2017
« on: April 17, 2017, 06:28:27 AM »
Good Monday Morning Ladies!  :D
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, April 17, 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 06:40:38 AM »
Hello Everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend!

Ours was very unconventional for us, but enjoyable all the same! Hubby, local son, and I drove to Indiana for College son's double header on Saturday.  It was so so windy.  The wind was blowing straight out to centerfield.  Not sure how many homeruns were hit between the teams in both games, but I would guess upwards of 12-15.  It was crazy.  Normal pop flies and fly balls were being pushed right over the fence.  We lost the first game, but came back and won the second.  Other than the wind, it was really nice out. 

After the games, the 3 of us went to grab some dinner, and then drove back into to MI (not very far, like a half hour), to check into the hotel we stayed at.  Sunday we picked up college son and we went to an Easter buffet.  They boys really enjoyed having so many choices.  It was just so different from our normal Easter celebrations.  But, we were glad to be together.  The situation with son being away at school and unable to come home because of baseball just called for us to be flexible.
Hubs and I were able to get the park and walk later in the afternoon once we were home.  It felt good to be outside without having to bundle up and wear hats and gloves!  Nice day.

Had to do a quick load of laundry last night since hubs is back out the door this morning and on the road for a couple of days this week.  He has a lot to do this week, but will at least be able to sleep at home most of the week.  He won't be home for dinner at all, but at least he can sleep at home.

I need to meal plan for myself for the week, dust and vacuum, make some hard boiled eggs for the week, get out to get a walk.  I have bathrooms that need to be cleaned as well today.

Guess I had better get to it.
Hope everyone has a beautiful day!
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 09:02:32 AM »
Good morning!

We had a quiet Easter weekend.  Our oldest daughter and the 2 grandchildren came over yesterday after church.  We had lunch and then just sat around and talked while the kids played. 

On Saturday, my husband finally finished the flooring in our bedroom.  It has been a work in progress for a while and I am so glad to see it done!  Now we need new baseboard and trim, maybe fresh paint, and put down the new-to-us rug I have been storing.  I am working in the bedroom this morning trying to put everything back the way it goes and going through my books before putting them back on the shelves.  With all of the minimizing I have done over the past few years you'd think this wouldn't be a problem, but books are my weakness.  I have way too many and I need to decide what goes.

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 09:09:14 AM »
Good luck with your book sorting Cheryl.  I have the same issue with cookbooks!  And, I don't really use very many of them, but - you never know, right????  ::) LOL!!

Hope you can weed out as many as you can feel comfortable with!

Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 11:07:09 AM »
Good morning!

The weekend was really nice.  Friday was the church spring dinner, which I was in charge of.  It went very well.

Saturday morning Alex and Nathan had soccer games.  Then I took Jordan prom shopping.  He needed new suit pants and a long sleeved white shirt (outgrew both).  He also got a tie to match his date's dress.  Saturday night I watched our local pro soccer team.  We won 2-1, both goals coming in the last 10 minutes. 

Sunday we went to church.  The members of the congregation who had been involved in "Lamb of God" spoke, and two of the songs were signed.  It was nice to see them performed again.  After church we had our traditional Easter dinner (ham, au gratin potatoes, spinach salad, and roasted asparagus, and carrot cake for dessert).  I made a treasure hunt to find the Easter basket.  I gathered pictures that showed the events of Easter and paired them with clues hidden in plastic eggs.  As each picture was found, we discussed the events of Easter.  The Easter basket was two small Star Wars lego sets for Alex and Nathan, and iTunes gift cards for Christie and Jordan (they wanted to buy the Lamb of God soundtrack).  And Reese's peanut butter eggs for all. 

Today is a normal day.  Laundry, house pick up.  I need to clean out the van of all the stuff I took to the church dinner on Friday and get it all put away.  I'm also going to work on my bedroom, the office and the garage.

Merilee

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 01:12:00 PM »
Good luck with your book sorting Cheryl.  I have the same issue with cookbooks!  And, I don't really use very many of them, but - you never know, right????  ::) LOL!!

Hope you can weed out as many as you can feel comfortable with!

Pam

Pam - it's cookbooks I'm having trouble giving up! :D. I find myself using the same ones over and over but still have a ton.  I may get brave enough to count how many I keep. :o
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn