Author Topic: Monday, Oct. 2, 2017  (Read 1758 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Monday, Oct. 2, 2017
« on: October 02, 2017, 07:19:31 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, Oct. 2, 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 07:33:38 AM »
Hello All!

Hope to see lots of you check in today. 

I think I am going to have to turn the TV off today.  So much horrific news coming from Las Vegas.  I will pray for all involved, and turn away from the coverage.  At this point it is just a rehash of the little that they know at this point.  It is so sad.

My to do list is mostly laundry, dishwasher and meal planning.  (Yes, meal planning!  No, really - I'm gonna!! ;D)

Not that much else happening here.

It was a busy weekend.  Went to South Bend for son's baseball game and parent meet and greet.  That was nice.  It was a beautiful day! 
Yesterday we went downtown to the Art Festival and for a street party that some friends' restaurant was putting on.  We didn't stay too long.  My back was really bothering me.  Was thinking I was going to have to go in for a chiro treatment today, but it seems to be feeling better now.  Will keep doing stretches to keep it loose.  Hoping to be able to walk later.  It will depend on my back.  I don't want to lose momentum with walking.

Hope you all had a great weekend and are off to a good start to your week.
Pop in and let us know you are ok.
Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 12:19:16 PM »
Hi Pam and Alice. :)

Sounds like both you girls had very full weekends.  Ours was super busy as well.  Much busier than I like it to be.  You know, one of those weekends where you are constantly running around, yet really aren't getting much accomplished.  Saturday was pretty normal for us.  In the morning. hubby and oldest boys went to get some stuff done on a rental that is being finished up.  Then our normal afternoon grocery runs.  It is getting really old to be "wasting" all Saturday afternoon and into the evening getting groceries.  We went to one Aldi and it was almost empty, went across town to another and shopped there.  Then went to our usual grocery store.  By then it was around 8pm and we hadn't had supper.  So we got groceries put away and I fixed a quick, late supper.  Then hubby ran back to town to Walmart to finish up the rest of the groceries.  I think I actually may start using the grocery pickup option at Walmart to save some time.  Anyone used this??  I am just afraid they won't pick the freshest produce the way we would. ???  Anyway that would save a load of time and maybe we could be done grocery shopping by the time the weekend gets here and have that free to do what we want. 

Sunday wasn't much different.  We are replacing a floor in an outside building, so had to go to HomeDepot to get the plywood for that.  Didn't realize hubby also needed lots of stuff for the rental business, including many rolls of carpet.  Turned a 15 minute, run in the store type thing, into a 2 and a half hour thing.  When we got home, needed to mow and they worked on getting the old floor out.  Need to get that finished and the stuff back in before a rain rolls in.  With the business expansion we are covered up with things to do all of the time and will be for a while.  Just gotta keep on keepin' on! :)

So there really wasn't room for the usual fun stuff I like to incorporate into every weekend, like trips to play at the park or horseback riding.  The rest of today will be busy as well.  Finish the rest of school up, then run the older guys into town to help their dad at a rental after he gets out of the office for the day.  They will be home by 7 for dinner so need to figure that out.  Something simple is what is calling out to me! ;)  When we get back from dropping them off, need to get the weed eating done and powerwash a few things.  Gotta throw a good 5 or 6 loads of laundry into that mix as well. ;)  That is all for my day.  Hope you have a good one.

Lindsay

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 02:16:56 PM »
Lindsay - that stinks that the whole day is taken up with non fun activities.  Could you grocery shop while the guys are doing the rental stuff in the morning? Or do you share a vehicle?  Maybe if you go one way, and they go the other, it would get done with some time left for some fun things? 

Maybe you have other challenges that won't accommodate doing the shopping during their morning rental work.  I hope you find a way to fit in the fun things with the necessary things!

Hope everyone was able to be productive today!!

Pam
Wife of 32 years

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 05:16:26 PM »
Lindsay - that stinks that the whole day is taken up with non fun activities.  Could you grocery shop while the guys are doing the rental stuff in the morning? Or do you share a vehicle?  Maybe if you go one way, and they go the other, it would get done with some time left for some fun things? 

Hope everyone was able to be productive today!!

Pam
Not an option,  there are plenty of vehicles, but I would need to keep up with 4 that are 5 and under, an 8 and 9 year old that are into everything and my oldest is autistic and needs to be watched as well, all while trying to shop.   In short....NO WAY am I doing that! ;D ;D 

It didn't used to be an issue because we did a once a month food pickup from Azure and that just left little stops for fill ins on hubby's way home from work like once a week.  But Azure has been out of stock of about 70% of the products we buy for over 6 months now.  Had to find a different option.  Walmart pickup where you order online and then just pick it up is sounding better and better.  That with an Aldi run sometime during the week.  They are building a Costco in our area, but it won't be here until next year.  We'll get it figured out! :) :)

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 06:50:21 AM »
Okay - Wow!!  NO WAY for sure!!! 

I guess we all just do the best we can and manage everything in whatever ways we can in the moment!  I hope you can find a solution that works for you, but if it stays as it is right now, that frustration doesn't take you over! 
Maybe you could do the pick up option, and do a quick run in for the produce things.  We have a service through our regional grocery store that you can have the stuff delivered right to your door.  I think the fee is a little pricey, but I could see where it would be worth it in a situation like yours.  Hang in there!

:D :D :D
Pam
Wife of 32 years