Author Topic: Monday, July 3, 2017  (Read 946 times)

Offline 4kidsmom

Monday, July 3, 2017
« on: July 03, 2017, 07:46:59 AM »
Good morning!

Offline 4kidsmom

Re: Monday, July 3, 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 07:55:28 AM »
Good morning!

The weather this week is going to be HOT!  Temperatures in the 100s all week!  ugh! 

I'm watering the yard right now and have tidied up the garage.  It wasn't too bad--just some stuff needed to be brought in and other stuff put away.  It looks much better now.

Today I have some laundry to do and I'm going to work on my bedroom today.  I have some work to do for my online job and I need to write my resume and post it.  I am applying to work as a teacher aide at the state school for the deaf. 

Last year we cut down the trees in our backyard.  They were too big; too tall; the roots were coming out the ground and I think some of them were dying.  They were so big the tree crew had to bring in the heavy equipment to do the job.  So our backyard really got torn up.  It was OK because it was half dead anyway.  Now it's full of weeds and tree sprouts from the roots that weren't ground.  Some of them are as tall as I am!  So this week we (me, teens and DH) will take turns clearing out a patch at a time.  I'm thinking if each of us do a 5 square foot area, we should be able to get most, if not all of it done in a week.  I hope.  I don't think we're going to try to dig out all the weeds--just cut them down so we can then mow.  I'm hoping to save enough to get the ground leveled out so we can put in new grass.  Not sure how to kill the weeds  yet but for now keeping them low should be OK.

I'm sure as the day goes on I'll find other things to do. :)

Dinner tonight will be BLT quesadillas, green salad and fruit.

Merilee