Author Topic: Wednesday, March 23, 2016  (Read 893 times)

Offline wrancher

Wednesday, March 23, 2016
« on: March 23, 2016, 06:34:41 AM »
Good Morning

Offline Cheryl

Re: Wednesday, March 23, 2016
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 07:24:39 AM »
Good morning.

I am having a tough time getting started today.  I'm battling allergies, sinus infection, or a combination of the two.  Yesterday was terrible and I didn't accomplish a thing around the house.  I hope today will be a little better. 

If you don't mind, would you please say a prayer for my mother?  She has been hurting in her side for several weeks and we finally convinced her to go to the doctor yesterday.  She was admitted to the hospital and they will be running tests today.  Doctors think it may be gallbladder or liver related.  I would really appreciate the prayers.   I'll post an update as soon as I know something.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 07:58:13 AM »
Morning!

We're heading into a possible storm including some rain, sleet, snow, ice beginning right about now and going into tomorrow. It looks like some nasty driving weather and just plain dangerous.

Cheryl, we will keep your mom in prayer. My mom also has a lot of medical issues and it is really hard to see a parent go through some of these challenges. For me it just shows how age has really taken its toll. Not liking seeing this at all.

Hubby has his hip replacement surgery schedule for next Tues at 9:50 am. So nervous but knowing it needs to be done.

Meals for the Easter weekend will be very simple. I think I have a small package of ham leftover from Christmas that I will warm up with some kind of side dish. I'm not feeling the need to buy a big ham or turkey or anything so it will be all freezer stuff. I spent too much money on staple groceries last week so I really can't afford anything this week other than essentials. Not sure if the college kids are coming home for Easter or not. They had spring break last week and a short week this week but they both have to work part of the weekend. We also want to keep germs at a minimum this weekend so hubby doesn't catch anything before surgery. And we have a fair amount of prep work to do at home so when he comes home from the hospital the house is ready for him.

Not sure what's for dinner tonight. I'll have to think of something today.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 12:02:30 PM »
Good Afternoon Ladies!!

Can't believe it is already 2:00.  I have been to weight watchers, and then walked and lunched with my friend.  Due to Spring Break trips and other lame excuses, we have not done that in forever.  It felt good to get back in the swing!  We actually walked further than normal.  Almost 4 and 1/2 miles when we usually settle for 3.1 (a 5K). 

The storm is moving in, but I am hoping that the forecasters are off on this one.  The original prediction was 6-8 inches of wet heavy snow.  Now they are calling for more of a freezing rain or something.  Hopefully the temps won't drop too far below freezing to cause too much trouble. 

Dinner tonight will probably be something I can whip up quickly.  That will be my next thing to decide on.  I will have to come up with something since going out isn't really a good option with the weather coming in.

Hope everyone has a good day and evening!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 01:58:29 PM »
I see I didn't get my other post posted. We woke up to snow and now it is all about dried up. It is still windy though and cold. I am done for the moment with outside chores but am doing the flight of the bumble bee around the house. We have company tomorrow morning for some business stuff  so he will probably be here a couple of hours. Lane didn't really find anything out at Dr. It isn't blood sugar issues. She thinks it is from his concussions earlier. I am not sure but he has another appointment scheduled. My dad looks like he may need shoulder surgery.  The break is clear down in his joint. ugh Not sure who we will have for Easter if anyone. I wish they would just say if they didn't plan on coming instead of I am not sure. Well I need to do some bookwork and housework and decide on dinner. 

Janice