Author Topic: Wednesday, March 5, 2014  (Read 1357 times)

Offline wrancher

Wednesday, March 5, 2014
« on: March 05, 2014, 06:06:37 AM »
Good Morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Wednesday, March 5, 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 06:12:14 AM »
I cant beleive our forecast 40-60s I will believe it when I see it . Ash wednesday today . Chores hopefully wont take as long. 13 baby calves on ground. I worked a little on utility room but still need more time and patience in there. Ugh Burned a ton of garbage yesterday.Today some bookwork and straighten house then utility room. I went to work on project in shop and couldnt find the tool I was looking for and dh was gone. No new news here

COme on spring

Janice

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 07:29:12 AM »
Good morning,
It is already 29*, so I am hopeful for a warm day. It got up to 37* yesterday. Lots of snow melted. Now to get the mud to settle again.  ::)

I made some hard calls yesterday. The nurse at the home told me she thought I should tell our kids that they needed to come see their grandma if they wanted to see her while she could still somewhat communicate with them. I talked to all of them except Isaiah, who is on his way to Florida for work for a few days. Most of them are coming Friday afternoon to see her. I will go with them because I know this will be hard. Fern's vitals are still pretty strong, but she is eating very little and losing so much weight. She still knows us, but is in and out of reality. That is the morphine.  She seems more comfortable in the bed that hospice got for her. We will be running up to check on her in a bit.  :'( Please continue to pray. This is our first experience of watching someone we love slowly decline. Both of our fathers had heart attacks and were gone immediately. This is rough.

Not much to do today. I really wish I could settle down and work on something, but I am too antsy. I had a long talk with Hazel last night. I love all of my kids, but Hazel and I are so close. I spent 2 months living with her while her ex was in Mexico. She needed me to help with the kids. We got very close. She has met a new man. I am so hoping this works out. She is lonely. She is finally ready to move on from Ivan. He moved on a long time ago. She said she is even ready to have Ivan's new woman and baby come to parties for the kids. I am glad she is to this point.  :)

Janice, I hope it does get that warm for you. The warmth of the sun makes this lousy winter more tolerable.  ;)

Everyone have a great day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 08:39:46 AM »
Praying for your family Winona.

School is still out bc the 4 inches of sleet we got is still hard ice on the roads and unsafe for the busses. We are all sick so I guess its for the best, sinus, ear and respiratory infections times 6 yuck!
I thought about deep cleaning the kids bedrooms today but think a movie day will feel better lol.
Hubby has an interview on Friday, its for a job an hour away and the first 3months will be the same pay as now but after that atleast a $2.80 raise with the potential to make a lot more hourly and a lot of overtime instead of working 30-36 hr a week, prayers would be appreciated, Thanks. Have a great day everyone.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 09:58:40 AM »
Morning Ladies! 

Well, technically still morning here for ten more minutes  ;).  Winona - I've been thinking of you and your family lately, and will continue to pray for you.

Schools are closed here today after Sunday/Monday's snow, though I'm a little surprised. Jean said he was able to get down the mountain with no problem this morning. Normally when our schools are closed our church is closed, so we thought no Ash Wednesday service tonight, but they've just announced that the service is back on, so our schedules are all upside down again now!

Today holds normal home maintenance, including cleaning both bathrooms, folding and putting away clean laundry, and prepping tortillas for tonight's dinner.  I also have another hour or so of NSA work to do. We will need to leave around 5 to help set up the altar for tonight's service and still make it to 6PM choir practice before the 7PM service.

Hope you all have wonderful days on your homesteads!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥