The Hearth > Managing a Household

Thursday Feb. 27 (Feels like Dec. or Jan.)

(1/1)

Alice:
Welcome to winter again (still) in Michigan!

Here we go again with horrible cold temps and another dumping of snow and over 300 school closings and delays. I don't think school will get a summer vacation this year and maybe my daughter won't graduate. Too many closings and too much winter--spring anyone!

If you are experiencing this also I guess we just have to hang in there together.

Alice

wrancher:
Good Morning Alice and all who follow

BRR -17 warmer than yesterday. Our high  Saturday is -2. DD wont be going to her tourney she is still home sick. 3 days now. It is kinda funny she is using her sisters old ipod (we arent really into gadgets just a few) So I am out doing chores and I get a text from home. Mom can I lay down in your room/ Then this morning I forgot to set an alarm and she is the one who is always up 5 min before she has to. She sends me a text she still isnt feeling well. Thank heavens or we would have over slept. Just a little humor on these long cold days. Boys have basketball games this weekend we will see which ones get canceled. Otherwise just chores for cows and making sure they get extra feed. I want to start a project I can work on in the evenings that I have procrastinated on. I have 5 kudu horns I want to make a pool stick holder with and I want to take a cow skull and decorate with beads

Have a great day
Janice

MoWin:
Good morning ladies,

It is warmer here today than it was yesterday. Not so good though, because when a storm is coming in, it usually warms up.  :( We have a chance of a bit of precipitation Friday into Saturday, but then the real storm is Sunday into Monday. Uggg! More snow, so not want I want!

Oh my goodness, we have a mouse in the house. Yikes! It ate a hole in a banana last night. I am thinking it has a death wish since we have a small dog and two cats in this tiny house.  :o I have had a talk with Callie. She is slipping. Time to get on the ball.  ;) First time we have ever had a mouse in here. I am thinking it came in around where the phone line comes in. We will have to do some work on that.

Everyone stay safe and warm in this new round of storms.

Blessings,
Winona

greyhoundgirl:
Chilly here as well, though of course that's relative.  But I decided I didn't want to go hiking today already not feeling well and then it being in the 30's.  Unfortunately, we don't have any of the pretty white stuff to go with it.   :(

Trying to decide if I'm fighting a cold or if all this sinus stuff is cedar-related.  The cedar trees are something else this time of year, a real pain for those of us allergic to them.  My back is still out as well...think I'll be calling the chiro in a minute to see if they can get me in today.

Today is my free highlights and cut...looking forward to that!  I need to work on menu planning, including for our upcoming camping trip.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version