Author Topic: Friday, March 24, 2017  (Read 865 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Friday, March 24, 2017
« on: March 24, 2017, 06:12:16 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Friday, March 24, 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 06:17:16 AM »
In for a busy day today.  Not at home much.

Running up to see if the meat market got their chicken in.  I would call ahead, but I timing wise, I need to be there when they open.  Hopefully I will have chicken breast to separate and bag up for the freezer when I get home.  Will stop on my way home to gas up for our drive. 

Will pack up some snacks and such and get chairs and a blanket in the car for the game.

We will leave around noon or so for South Bend.  It takes about 2 hours to get there, so really we don't need to leave until around 2.  I will see what hubs wants to do now that I think about it. 

Hope everyone has a great day!
Pam 
Wife of 32 years

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 06:21:23 AM »
Good morning!

We have one more nice day before the rain and thunderstorms return tomorrow.  I'm a little bummed about that because the weekends are about the only time we have to get some projects done around here.  Guess we will get them done when we can.

I'm enjoying my cup of coffee while trying to decide if I want to bother fixing breakfast just for me.  Emily will eat a bowl of cereal but I don't eat it.  I don't really want to cook either, so I will probably just have an apple or banana.

I need to make a quick trip to the grocery store sometime today, but when you live 20 miles from the nearest 'big' town, it's never a quick trip.  I could go to the store 5 miles from home, but it's way overpriced and the customer service is horrible. 

Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 07:05:25 AM »
Hello everyone,

It looks like a gloomy day here today and all weekend long. It's drizzling already and still dark.

It looks like our projects are starting next week and will flow into the following week. There are two different people coming in and they don't work with each other so therefore they don't know the other is coming. One group is next week and the other group is the following week. It looks tight but hopefully it will work out. That means all the projects are scheduled to be done before summer and that is good. But it's bad because all the money goes out all at once.

We had a pretty good meal last night even though I wasn't even sure what it would be until the last minute. It was vegetable lasagna in the freezer and I had thawed a bone in chicken breast. I put some garlic, lemon juice and olive oil on the chicken and roasted it for 45 minutes while the lasagna cooked from frozen. It was quite good and all of it was eaten. We have plowed through little individual containers of leftovers from the kitchen freezer which is very good and all of our simple meals have produced minimal leftovers and that is also good. But I'm running out of ideas. I really need to stick to more foods that aren't starchy and low carbs. I'm trying to reduce my gut size. It seems to have exploded this winter. My tummy is sticking out and I've never had that before.

We've been walking every single day that we can. Always a minimum of 2 miles and often more. This exercise and a gradual change of our menu hopefully will do the trick. And it always helps that summer is on the way!

Our son's spring break is about over and he was so easy going being at home. Kind of the silent type who studied his entire days. He is so focused on graduating on May 20 that he said this is his final push. I can't believe 4 years has gone by already. He already applied for his BS degree and everything is in order so we now wait until the semester is done. Our youngest daughter comes home on Sunday from her spring break which is also over after having spent it in Florida. She is a "young" Sr. at college due to having done some college work in high school and summer courses so she flipped into Sr. status this spring. But she's not ready to graduate until May 2018.

Whew, I'm ready for the weekend even if it is going to rain. Mom wants me to give her a home perm which I haven't done for probably 15-20 years so I'm a bit nervous. I'll do that and then start removing curtains and shades for our new windows next week.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 09:24:12 AM »
Sounds like you ladies have lots of projects to keep you busy!

So dark and gloomy here too!  We finally have some decent temps (56*) but the lack of sun kind of takes the joy right out of it! :-\

I did run up to the meat market and get 20# of chicken breasts.  Came home and individually bagged them and got them in the freezer.  There was 9 breasts in one bag, and 10 in the other 10# bag.  So, bagging them up individually I figure each one is a one pound bag of chicken.  Should work out good, and take us through the next few months anyway.

Now I can do a little research on the computer for hubs, and possibly work on a few wedding details for son/fiance if I had a chance. 
Will also do quick game prep before leaving town.
Glad to see you Cheryl and Alice.  Have a good weekend!  Good luck with the perm Alice!
Pam
Wife of 32 years